Songs of Conquest - Announcement and Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer has interviewed the developers of Songs of Conquest, which is an RPG strategy game modelled after Heroes of Might and Magic.

Coffee Stain announced Songs of Conquest at the 2019 PC Gaming Show. It's a Heroes of Might and Magic-inspired strategy game all about empire building and tactical combat between armies.

PC Gamer: What sort of game is Songs of Conquest? Are you controlling heroes, building up cities?

Carl Toftfelt, game designer: You kind of both have the focus on individual wielders, which is what we call our commanders, as well as on your kingdom as a whole. You'll level up individual wielders as well as buildings and troops, while you choose the right strategy to pick off your enemies. We call it classic adventure strategy.

What is the Songs of Conquest universe like? We saw some neat monsters in the trailer.

It is a diverse and rich fantasy world with various distinct and different races and nations. Some civilizations are older than others. The terrain is as shifting and diverse as the inhabitants. There is plenty of conflict and strife, as well as riches, mysteries and adventure. A strong current of magic flows through all beings and objects. Treasures buried from civilizations long gone are waiting to be rediscovered.

[...]
More information.

Love the look... and would love another dev to take a shot at something based on HoMM. Like many, HoMM 3 is still one of my favs of all-time. Recent ones have been more hit and miss for me though.

Yep, looks awesome, sounds awesome, lets see how good the game actually is :D

They've certainly set their sights high, trying to recapture those early Heroes of Might and Magic vibes is no small task! I'll be watching out for this one, I for one hope they can pull it off.

This looks really good, did I see town spread on the overworld map?

Back
Top Bottom