Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - Patch 1.6

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch 1.6 for Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North has been released:

Today's 1.6 patch includes a significant amount of new content.

• New playable character class: The dwarf bombardier is a heavily armoured warrior armed with a medieval handgun. The male variant is a close range fighter / shooter hybrid with a large shield. The female is a longer range marksman with a long rifle. Each has a separate set of skills and stat line to suit their role so play very differently from one another.
  • 3 new extra battle levels added set in the drakefang mountains. These feature large waves of higher level enemies including goblins, monsters and undead.
  • All playable characters (and most enemies) now have passive abilities. These include aura effects and abilities that kick under specific conditions (low health, surrounded, etc.). These abilities add a new layer of tactical depth to the game and help to further differentiate the player characters and enemy types.
  • There are, of course, the usual round of bug fixes and minor tweaks. Please note that this update also coincided with a major upgrade to the underlying unity engine version. Therefore, if you notice anything strange, please report and we will do our best to fix asap.
More information.

Will have to replay this at some point with all the new stuff that was added since v.1.0.

I recommend this game if you are happy with tactical turn-based battles and only very little story.

How long is the game; i played quite a bit (maybe 20 hours?) before i decided i had better things (or better games) to play. No clue if i was near the end or still at the beginning. I think there are better tactical games (at least better than 1.0) out there so i can't really recommend it but it does have a lot of battles.

Will have to replay this at some point with all the new stuff that was added since v.1.0.

I recommend this game if you are happy with tactical turn-based battles and only very little story.

Since I've finished Blackguards, there are chances I'll like this game, right? Btw, IMHO the Blackguards' story was also quite forgettable.

Last edited:
I also stopped after about 20 h. Not because I didn't like it, but because there was some heavy patching going on.

If you liked Blackguards, it is likely you will also like this. Although, char development is more rudimentary.

I liked blackguard a lot more than this game - at least v 1.0. Blackguard had more of a story; more cases where your decision mattered and imho better tactics.

I also stopped after about 20 h. Not because I didn't like it, but because there was some heavy patching going on.

If you liked Blackguards, it is likely you will also like this. Although, char development is more rudimentary.

Back
Top Bottom