Moons of Madness - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Science fiction horror game Moons of Madness has been released on Steam.

A mysterious signal has been recorded coming from the red planet.

The message confounded Orochi scientists. Their analysts broke it down and determined it was of intelligent origin. Orochi management immediately concluded that the discovery was too sensitive for public knowledge and moved to keep it hidden. In secret, the corporation began construction of Trailblazer Alpha, a state-of-the-art Mars research outpost designed to identify the true nature of the message.

You are Shane Newehart, an engineer stationed at Trailblazer Alpha and your security clearance means you are completely unaware of the existence of the mysterious signal. Your job is simply to keep the lights on until the transport ship Cyrano arrives bringing with it a new team to take over your duties.

Soon you discover strange and unusual setbacks. Crucial systems are malfunctioning, the greenhouse is filled with a strange mist and the rest of your team has yet to return from their EVA mission.

Things are starting to fall apart.

You begin seeing and hearing things that aren't there. Visions, hallucinations - or is that even what it is? Is this real... or are you slowly descending into madness?

Experience true cosmic horror

With your only hope of rescue hundreds of thousands of miles away, you will be forced to explore the real-world fears of isolation and paranoia, enhanced with supernatural elements and cosmic horror. Terrifying visions and monstrous apparitions will make you question what is real and what is not as the very fabric of reality threatens to tear at the seams.

Explore the darker side of Mars

Navigate a functioning Mars base in a game that uses non-fiction elements to immerse players in a believable setting. Overcome obstacles using computers, electrical systems, rovers, solar panels and more, then go beyond the outpost and explore the darker side of Mars.
More information.

Anyone playing this? It seems interesting, but I am waiting for more reviews.

I've decided to skippit for now. Orochi is a multiple heads dragon and… EVA is still a cyborg unit from Evangelion in my head… Feels like the game is aimed to anime fans eastereggwise but it's visuals are totally opposite. Add to that Cyrano and my huge nose then superb book poetry and perfect cast+performance by Gérard Depardieu cca 30 years ago…
I'm saying I'd feel very confused.

Seems that sometimes knowing less is more. :(

Back
Top Bottom