Age of Empires IV - Reveal Trailer

Too much green & yellow. Looks like a settlers game.

I just bought Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition. Been thinking about doing so for a while, but it turns out that I waited just long enough.

Well the scale looks interesting and I like the idea of infrastructure & logistics relating to technology & particular buildings, but will wait for reviews. I think it will take a rather unique combination of the right kind of game at the right moment for it to achieve the presence it had in the late 90s. Nowadays there are quite a number of similar products vying for the same niche.

Pro AoE II games are surprisingly interesting to watch. So if they get it right again, I will definitely watch some on YT.
Not sure if I buy RTSs anymore, though. Maybe for nostalgia's sake...

Age of Empires is RPG now?
Read the news post it's posted under Non-RPG General News. :)
Pro AoE II games are surprisingly interesting to watch. So if they get it right again, I will definitely watch some on YT.
Not sure if I buy RTSs anymore, though. Maybe for nostalgia's sake…
The key word is if they get it right. They already tried before with the MMO version which flopped. Anyway strategy games are my next best genre to play beside RPGs.

I started a thread with videos of upcoming games.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44099

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to new AoE.

From the trailer it looks likes the base building will be improved which was one of my favorite part of the AoE series. Also you can man the walls now.
I also read that Civs are going to be more distinct now which is another plus for me.

Hope they don't f*ck it up, because if they don't they'll have day one purchase from me :D

Not sure if I buy RTSs anymore, though. Maybe for nostalgia's sake…

This is my issue too... I'd still like to play RTSs but haven't since I was much younger. I just prefer slower games now - TB ideally. Maybe it'll have pause with the ability to still issue commands and such.

Back
Top Bottom