Crusader Kings 3 - Introduces New Lifestyles

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RockPaperShotgun took a look at the latest video diary for Crusader Kings 3.

"In Crusader Kings 3, it seems, there's never a good reason not to do exactly what you feel like doing - and that's what being a king is all about," wrote Nate in a piece all about how important character is for the game. The developers would seem to agree, as a large part of this Lifestyles update is spent talking about how they influence your character's story.

"Much like in CK2, when you pick a Lifestyle Focus you will begin getting events related to that Focus. Unlike in CK2, however, these events are not mere stepping stones toward acquiring a Lifestyle Trait, as that progression is handled by the perk system," they say.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

CK2 is probably the best game I've ever played.

I have every DLC. Collectively, with a couple of minor exceptions, they make the game what it is: a roleplaying strategic simulation unrivaled in its depth. But I'm not sure I'm up to starting all over again and collecting them all for another 5+ years, waiting for this game to become great like it's predecessor. It's going to be pretty tempting to just play CK2.

Never played any of these but sounds interesting. Made a reminder for myself to read more over the weekend and maybe put on my Steam wish lit.

Neither did I because I always thought it's no story mount&blade clone. Now I see I was completely wrong.

Another reason was the publisher - Paradox. I'm kinda not happy with almost every product of theirs being DLC:The Game.

CK2 is probably the best game I've ever played.

I have every DLC. Collectively, with a couple of minor exceptions, they make the game what it is: a roleplaying strategic simulation unrivaled in its depth. But I'm not sure I'm up to starting all over again and collecting them all for another 5+ years, waiting for this game to become great like it's predecessor. It's going to be pretty tempting to just play CK2.

I would consider it if they address some things that kept me from fully enjoying CK2. I hate the combat, for example. (I like it fine in EU4, so it's not a matter of making it super detailed)

A broader issue for me is that I just never know what to do. I know how to do everything in CK2, I just rarely have a firm grasp on why I should care at any given point. I end up just sitting there and letting time tick by much of the time, or doing things just for the sake of doing things. Again, not a problem I ever run into with EU4.

Back
Top Bottom