Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter Live!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Kickstarter for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has got off to a good start. At time of posting the Kickstarter has achieved 200K of a 300K goal.

As you may know, we at Owlcat Games have spent countless hours playing the Pathfinder tabletop RPG. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to bring this experience to the videogame format by creating a classic isometric party-based computer RPG called Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The phenomenal love and support shown for Kingmaker have inspired us to tell another story from the Age of Lost Omens. Today we are thrilled to introduce the adventure we are so passionate and excited about - Wrath of the Righteous!

• Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game's story.
  • Challenge the mighty Demon Lords and close the portal to the demonic plane of existence known as the Abyss.

• Enjoy the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder first edition ruleset. Create any character imaginable by choosing one of ten races, picking a particular class out of the 21 available, each with five archetypes for even greater customization. Gain access to more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities, and select those that suit your playstyle. Take control of your party formation, help set up a camp, and find a way to victory by combining the strengths of your companions.
  • Lead the armies of the Fifth Crusade to victory in a new strategic layer of gameplay. In addition to the classic CRPG experience, step into the role of the Commander, gather troops, reinforce your stronghold, and send your armies to battle the demonic invasion across the map of the region. Send your crusaders to explore ancient ruins and recover powerful artifacts.
  • Experience a non-linear story about the cost of tremendous power that adventurers often seek, with tales of corruption caused by the demonic influence and redemption for those who have stepped on the wrong path.

• Meet a new diverse cast of characters, including ten companions to recruit to your party and featuring multiple romance options to choose from.
  • Take control of five new classes (Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch) and meet a new race-the half-undead dhampir-in addition to the previous roster from Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The number of archetypes per class has increased to five as well.
  • Dive into the game even if you're not familiar with the intricacies of the Pathfinder ruleset. Use an enhanced tutorial for newcomers to help you with character creation and get up to speed with the rules of the system.
  • Explore the world with updated visuals and a 360-degree rotating camera added for better playability and immersion.
Thanks purpleblob!

More information.

giphy.gif

Any word about timers?

Did they prime the pump on this one? Average contribution is $65, which seems unlikely.

Did they prime the pump on this one? Average contribution is $65, which seems unlikely.

What makes you think that? My husband and I going for $99 tier when I get home and there are plenty of people who will also go for high tier

Awesome - I had missed out on Kingmaker, so I went ahead and pledged to get that one as a side-bonus :)

I am pissed that I lost the early birds pledges. I was there in the first hour ;(
Anyhow, it is amazing that they already raised 200k. This is the response the devs deserve for the first game, not the Steam reviews at the time of the release.
They were gone within 30 minutes. I got one when there were 33 left and that was about 25 minutes after the start.

Any plans for a common crowdfunding drive on the Watch here?

Will purchase this at a discount 6 months after release when the game is actually finished and playable.

I backed the last one and I'll back this one too. I did however wait quite awhile before I started playing so a lot of the bugs had been fixed by that point. I'm hoping this time they work on getting a lot of the bugs worked out before they actually release the game.

Its about to be funded - and it should be funded by the time I get from work to make my pledge!!!

Edit: Funded!! So curious about stretch goals!!!

I just put down $199 ($307 NZD) to secure me another Collectors edition to go with my one for Kingmaker. Hopefully they do the same style of box and cloth map. I would love to have them both sitting next to each other. My comparison pics between BG2 Collectors vs Pathfinder:KM collectors might convince a few people to up their pledges ;) And this time round the collectors edition gets a 120mm painted minature, far better than the 30mm unpainted one last time!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Made exception in my rule not to pay for unfinished games. And backed.
And I hope this will be actually my first Kickstarter game that will be delivered on time :)

Just backed it at the lowest tier for a digital copy. I don't care for the goodies, only for the game and would have paid more if necessary.

We reached our Initial Goal in just one day – that is truly amazing! Every one of us is overwhelmed by your support…
I guess this very text snippet was written some weeks or months ago when they decided about the initial goal. ;)

+ $15 alpha access :)
Hm… can you pledge for this seperatley? How?
I'd like to play around with character generation before release.

Hm… can you pledge for this seperatley? How?
I'd like to play around with character generation before release.

There's info near the bottom of KS page.

Just add the cost of a specific add-on to your pledge and wait for the end of the Kickstarter campaign <-- early access is $15 so up your pledge by that amount :)

Just backed it at the lowest tier for a digital copy. I don't care for the goodies, only for the game and would have paid more if necessary.

I guess this very text snippet was written some weeks or months ago when they decided about the initial goal. ;)

Im willing to believe the excitement and enthusiasm of these guys is not pretended.
At least till they are bought by big M or some other corporate glutton.

Back
Top Bottom