Innsmouth Case - Lovecraftian horror/adventure game coming to PC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TheGG reports that Lovecraftian horror/adventure game Innsmouth Case will be coming to PC.

WIESBADEN, GERMANY (JANUARY 30, 2020) -- Publisher Assemble Entertainment, best known for point-and-click adventure Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry, and developer Robot Pumpkin Games, today announced "The Innsmouth Case", a choose-your-own-adventure game set in the mysterious and foreboding Lovecraft universe. Scheduled for a Spring 2020 release on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, The Innsmouth Case takes players on a truly harrowing and fantastical journey where nothing is what it seems.

To solve the enigmatic disappearance of little Tabitha Marsh, the most clever detective is not only wanted but desperately needed. Unfortunately, that particular detective is busy, so the case goes to you! Pack your belongings and prepare to head to the remote fishing village of Innsmouth, as The Innsmouth Case awaits!

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I remember not 10 years ago, we were all complaining about the lack of Chtulhu games, now they're everywhere…

Last edited:
Let's hope this one is better than some of the prior offerings. There are plenty now available from this universe, but good ones are few and far between.

I don't remember who exactly, but a youtuber said that maybe a good Lovecraftian game could only be a walking sim game, since the entire premice of Ze Mythos is that humans are completely impotent and irrelevent in front of it, and they'll perish or go insane no matter what they do…

And although I don't think I like walking sims, I can imagine playing an At the Mountains of Madness adaptation with that format.

There have been some really successful lovecraft themed board games released, many of which are co-op games that are basically RPGs. But while they are extremely heavily inspired by lovecraft, they also make quite a few allowances for characters who grow dramatically in power and are have a reasonable chance at being successful at defeating whatever horrors they face, even if they are forever scarred by whatever they witness. I've found that many of the things that are considered iconic in the mythos now are things that were barely mentioned in Lovecraft's actual work. Honestly I'm fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom