Black Geyser - Backer Beta Delayed to June

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Due to the situation we are all facing now the backer beta of Black Geyser has been delayed.

As you all know, the Backer Beta was set to come out in a few days. But as many of you are personally experiencing now, the international crisis is having damaging effects everywhere, and our studio has been no exception. We are projecting a delay of two to three months on the Beta, to somewhere between the 17th and 30th of June. But don't worry! The game is coming along as quickly as we can make it, and the full release is on track.

This comes with one advantage though: while content for the beta is all in place, the delay will give us more time for refinement. We intend for the beta to be bug-free, and we have been going through a series of artistic upgrades to make our maps more beautiful. While we hadn't planned on this delay, it does present an opportunity to iron out the wrinkles and release a better experience for our backers.
More information.

Aye I am following this as well. Thankfully not following the trend of TB only.

I'll be honest and say i forgot about this completely. I am very interested though, reminds of PoE.

Aye I am following this as well. Thankfully not following the trend of TB only.

From their kickstarter page:
Real-time-with-pause (RTwP) gameplay: pause the game at any time

I'll be honest and say i forgot about this completely. I am very interested though, reminds of PoE.

From their kickstarter page:
Real-time-with-pause (RTwP) gameplay: pause the game at any time

Aye I love RtwP. Its TB I can't cope with these days ;)

Sounds like it's just an excuse to buy time for them. Outside maybe China, the virus hasn't been interrupting anyone's work for more than a week or two so far, and for a company that's probably just people working from home (in Eastern Europe as I recall), I don't know why it would interrupt anything at all. Also, they have no idea how much longer these virus issues will continue on for, yet are still able to set a very specific date range in late June? How could they possibly know right now that the delay will be 3 months, if it's really based on the virus?

Also, these are the same guys that said their game was "almost finished" two years ago.

Feels like they're incapable of posting any update that doesn't feel shady in some regard.

The backer demo was released yesterday.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Update #37 - Backer Beta is ready
The Backer Beta has been ready for several days, and it’s bigger than we initially planned!

Having said that, as with every beta, it contains bugs – some of which we don't know about and you will hopefully help us to find. Also, it lacks several features, refinements and performance optimizations that didn’t make it to the beta but will be present in the final game.

Sounds like it's just an excuse to buy time for them. Outside maybe China, the virus hasn't been interrupting anyone's work for more than a week or two so far, and for a company that's probably just people working from home (in Eastern Europe as I recall), I don't know why it would interrupt anything at all. Also, they have no idea how much longer these virus issues will continue on for, yet are still able to set a very specific date range in late June? How could they possibly know right now that the delay will be 3 months, if it's really based on the virus?

Also, these are the same guys that said their game was "almost finished" two years ago.

Feels like they're incapable of posting any update that doesn't feel shady in some regard.
Probably because they are not a game developer.

The codex had this to share from discord.

Y147oFw.jpg AnlggGx.jpg

Last edited:
Who is this Alberto?

The backer demo was released yesterday.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Update #37 - Backer Beta is ready

Has anyone actually gotten the download link? The kickstarter updates says something about the 3rd of July.

"This process will begin on the 3rd of July at the latest and will take a couple of days. We will notify every backer whose reward tier included the Backer Beta via email with instructions on how to receive the installer. If you don't receive such an email until 6th July, please send us a message on Kickstarter or via our contact forms."

In theory, this is a game I'd enjoy a lot (isometric party based RTwP cRPG with developed companions) but I'm sceptical how good this will turn out considering multiple delays.

Has anyone actually gotten the download link? The kickstarter updates says something about the 3rd of July.

Did you back it at early access tier?
"This process will begin on the 3rd of July at the latest and will take a couple of days. We will notify every backer whose reward tier included the Backer Beta via email with instructions on how to receive the installer. If you don't receive such an email until 6th July, please send us a message on Kickstarter or via our contact forms."

I think its saying they will start sending out emails with download link from 3 July, so you need to wait 1-2 more days.

Yeah I backed this one but I wasn't fully sold on it. I'm hoping they prove me wrong and release something that's a lot of fun.

Yeah I backed this one but I wasn't fully sold on it. I'm hoping they prove me wrong and release something that's a lot of fun.
Me to backed just for the game even with all the red flags. Like mentioned above they claimed the game was almost finished a year ago. If so development is damn slow.

Yes, this was "almost finished" at the point of the KS, including most of the content, and "just in need of a final polish" to "get us over the finish line". :poo:

A year after the due date, they release a beta of a small sample. Still possible they might release a finished game, but they were definitely full of it.

Yes, this was "almost finished" at the point of the KS, including most of the content, and "just in need of a final polish" to "get us over the finish line". :poo:

A year after the due date, they release a beta of a small sample. Still possible they might release a finished game, but they were definitely full of it.

Even their KS update is full of it:

The Backer Beta has been ready for several days, and it's bigger than we initially planned!

If beta was ready for several days already, why didn't they just release it earlier? They didn't even meet the "late June" release - KS update on 1 July announcing beta access will be sent to backers in "few days".

If I didn't have passion/love/obsession for the party based isometric RTwP cRPGs, I would have crossed this one off my mind long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom