Genshin Impact - Closed Beta Impressions

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wccftech checked out the upcoming action RPG Genshin Impact:

Genshin Impact Closed Beta Impressions - Tales of the Wild

If the name Genshin Impact is at all familiar to you, it's likely because of the game's rather striking resemblance to Nintendo's critically-acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I won't use the word rip-off, but a lot of angry fans certainly did were when the game was first announced last year. Thankfully, the tone changed when developer MiHoYo released a Genshin Impact beta in June of last year and it turned out the game was...actually pretty legit. Sure, some Zelda fans are still upset, but there's now a certain sense of cautious optimism surrounding the game.

Well, a second Genshin Impact closed beta kicked off a few weeks back, and I've had the opportunity to sink a decent chunk of time into the game. So, how is the game coming together? Can Genshin Impact leave its own mark or is it just not necessary in a world where BOTW exists? Let's find out...

[...]

Final Thoughts

I wasn't expecting that much from Genshin Impact, but I found myself surprisingly engrossed in its world, to the point I'm honestly rather sad I'll have to stop playing when the beta ends. If a mixture of Breath of the Wild and Bandai Namco's Tales series sounds interesting to you, or you just want something BOTW-flavored without buying a Switch, this game belongs on your radar. Sure, there are still some rough edges, and I'm a bit concerned about how the game will be monetized, but Genshin Impact left one on me.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom