ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Early Access on May 11

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of Trudogad - a standalone expansion for the ATOM RPG - will be released on May 11:

ATOM RPG: Trudograd

Please note: Since Trudograd continues the story of Atom RPG it is recommended to play the previous title before the sequel.

Trudograd is a stand-alone story expansion to Atom RPG - a turn-based roleplaying game set in post-apocalyptic Soviet Union.
It is inspired by classic cRPG titles of the past, such as early Fallout, Wasteland and Baldur's Gate series.

22 years ago the USSR and the Western Bloc destroyed each other in a nuclear inferno. Millions died instantly, society collapsed and technology was sent back into the Middle Ages. You are a member of ATOM - an organization tasked with protecting the post-apocalyptic remnants of humanity.

Two years ago you - a rookie agent of ATOM - were sent on a dangerous mission into the Soviet Wastes. As a result, you uncovered certain information about a new threat that can potentially destroy the struggling remnants of humanity.

In Atom RPG: Trudograd your goal is to travel to a giant post-apocalyptic metropolis that withstood the tests of nuclear obliteration and social collapse. There you must find what is thought to be humanity's last hope in fending off the menace from outer space!

Trudograd features:

• A large city with its own lore and dozens of varying locations to fight, trade, talk and explore in;
  • A hardcore turn-based experience with huge amounts of character development paths, combat styles, skills, perks and distinctions;
  • Unique characters each with their own personality and a robust branching dialogue;
  • Multiple-solution quests, which actively change the city around you;
  • Ability to transfer your hero from our previous game (Atom RPG);
  • An easy game to pick up. While Trudograd is a continuation of the first game's plot, it is also friendly towards new players, and will quickly fill you in on the lore and major developments you might have missed;
  • A result of a two year long community effort, made by players for players. This game encompasses a lot of changes from our previous title, that were inspired by user feedback.
More information.

I've been greatly enjoying Underrail and it's a very large game, but I definitely foresee giving Atom a try once I finish it, get tired of it, or hit a roadblock I can't get past.

Good so a full release later this year is possible.As I never play Early Access.

ATOM is a good game. I enjoyed my first play-through and i see a second one coming soon!

Guess a replay might be in order. Has a lot changed after release in regards to balance? Is for example melee viable now or are Rifles still king? Would be more fun to try a different build.

Good so a full release later this year is possible.As I never play Early Access.
Talked to the developers and they said that the game will be in EA for approximately 8 months

Talked to the developers and they said that the game will be in EA for approximately 8 months

Bummer oh well. Still why so long? They shouldn't need that long unless the game is far from being complete, or they need early access revenue to finish devoplment.

Bummer oh well. Still why so long? They shouldn't need that long unless the game is far from being complete, or they need early access revenue to finish devoplment.
While the game will be more content-rich than the EA launch of ATOM, it will still be devoid of many features that'll be in the final version. I think they're also thinking of taking community suggestions and bug reports aggressively and launch the game in a more polished state.
Plus, they're also working on porting base Atom to iOS and Android so I guess supporting that port will also take up some of the manpower.

While the game will be more content-rich than the EA launch of ATOM, it will still be devoid of many features that'll be in the final version. I think they're also thinking of taking community suggestions and bug reports aggressively and launch the game in a more polished state.
Plus, they're also working on porting base Atom to iOS and Android so I guess supporting that port will also take up some of the manpower.

too bad though, really looking forward te replay the game

does anyone know if it will be also available on GOGs "Games in development" (aka Early access) program ? I usually try to buy games on GOG.....

Back
Top Bottom