Mass Effect - Trilogy HD Remake

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN reports that a remastered version of the Mass Effect trilogy will be released next year:

Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered is reportedly real, and set to launch by March 2021

If you're hungry for the comeback of Mass Effect, it looks like you won't have long to wait - at least if you're eager to replay the original games. The long-rumoured Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered just got a slightly more concrete confirmation, and while it's still not official, it's looking likely that this one is real.

[...]
Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

Will they also remaster Bioware Points?

I hope they do it. I'd like to play them through again, but the first one in particular is painfully clunky.

Expecting a quick cash-grab, with naff all real significant changes of note to make it worth buying again.

Without a doubt, the trilogy that has given me the most intense hours of gaming enjoyment. I'm not one to replay games after they get "remastered", but if anyone was too young to have enjoyed them back in the day, this sounds like a great opportunity.

I hope they remove or improve that mining mini-game.

Will they keep the limited number of installs ?
(My inner cynic says : "I bet so ! EA is a profit oriented company !")

Obviously, all these remakes are mostly about money.

But that doesn't mean they can't be worth it.

I'd check it out if they do it properly. Meaning, it needs to be more than a graphical upgrade.

The smart choice would be to have character progression carry over - and not just story choices.

I hope they remove or improve that mining mini-game.
Remastering is a cheap process of adapting outdated visuals to 1080p or higher and adding sound/music in better quality.
Improving game mechanics is a remake or reforge or anything re - that isn't remaster and is not cheap.

Chances are quite high, that they will rework the combat and inventory System of ME1 to match the more streamlined one in ME3.
That would be a total no-go for me, as i loved the more RPG like combat and inventory System of ME1.

Maybe I'll have a higher motivation to finish them, if they're remastered and launched fully on Steam.

I remember trying to finish the first one, got to the point where they enroll you inyo the Spectres, and suddenly felt very much cheaply pandered to while they tried to make me feel cool for joing a secretive order. So teenage-level. And that's when I noticed that most Bioware rpgs have that narative structure. Make you join some secretive order to stroke your ego.

So, maybe I'll give it another change with the remasters, if they sell them on anything different than Origin.

First one is the only good Mass Effect

I don't agree with that, but the first one definitely had elements that I liked more than the sequels, and in some ways was the best. But I find it mechanically very clunky, from Bioware's first attempt at run and gun gameplay, to the awful Mako driving and mineral hunting. When I tried to replay it, I just couldn't get into it.

So, to me the remake is a bonus - either they'll make some significant improvements that work for me, or they'll do a cheap retexture job, and I won't care about it.

I don't agree with that, but the first one definitely had elements that I liked more than the sequels, and in some ways was the best. But I find it mechanically very clunky, from Bioware's first attempt at run and gun gameplay, to the awful Mako driving and mineral hunting. When I tried to replay it, I just couldn't get into it.

The first ME had the most RPG elements in it. The following MEs became progressively more and more action-oriented, which is a big no for me.

The first ME had the most RPG elements in it. The following MEs became progressively more and more action-oriented, which is a big no for me.

TBH, though, I thought even the first one was pretty rpg-lite. I think it's a pity they decided to go with an Xbox-first shooter, rather than something with richer RPG characteristics, like KOTOR. If they'd done that, it would have taken the whole series up a notch for me.

I personally found Andromeda to be the best Mass Effect by quite a margin. That said, the average consumer reaction was such that they obviously won't go that route for an eventual remaster/remake.

It certainly had the best combat, loot and RPG mechanics - and I hope they will at least consider it if or when they do an updated version of the original trilogy.

I tried playing Mass Effect 2 recently, and I found it has aged very, very poorly indeed.

Then again, I never cared much for it.

I liked them in descending order... ME 1 was the best for me, and as they became a bit more actiony, I liked them less. That said, they're all worth playing imo.

It certainly had the best combat, loot and RPG mechanics - and I hope they will at least consider it if or when they do an updated version of the original trilogy.
Funny, I consider it the worst in all three aspects (well, certainly the first two). I don't think I've ever hated jumping as much as in Andromeda. Loot and character progression were utterly boring, I stopped caring about them very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom