Steam - Loyalty Program and Summer Sales Date?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Bluesnews reports on a possible Steam Loyalty program and Summer sales dates.

A pair of tweets from Pavel Djundik have word from the Steam Database developer to expect the Steam summer sale to run from June 25th to July 9th (thanks VG247). His first tweet attributes this to "generally trustworthy" Chinese sources. The second tweet says this is "confirmed," which expresses his confidence in the news, but it is obviously not an official confirmation. But he's not done there, as in another tweet he says he's ferreted out Valve's plans for a loyalty reward system on Steam. This is likewise still a rumor, but here's what he says about that:

[...]
Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

A loyalty program would be nice. Not because I love Steam so much, I just have most of my games there and hate to have ten clients with ten token apps on my mobile.

Since there is a sale every day, I don't care too much about the actual Summer Sale anymore.

Since there is a sale every day, I don't care too much about the actual Summer Sale anymore.

So true it used to be 'prepare your wallet' ... now it is more like 'tell your wallet you might actually buy something!' :D

TBH not interested in any of it. Steam forgot it's not the only store nor reseller out there.

We have a pricewatch thread on the forum and many titles I got thanks to it, steam or elsewhere.

TBH not interested in any of it. Steam forgot it's not the only store nor reseller out there.

We have a pricewatch thread on the forum and many titles I got thanks to it, steam or elsewhere.

One area where Steam completely lost me was all of the cosmetic garbage and collectibles ... I really don't care at all about the garbage that seems to constantly appear in my 'Steam inventory' ... and once they tried to leverage that as an incentive, my interest waned considerably. Now I just use 'IsThereAnyDeal' for my wishlists and when a game hits a price I am willing to pay I buy.

My main complaint about Steam is that instead of a user interface, they just have a steaming pile of garbage.

0.0001 % discount for every badge you have lol

My main complaint about Steam is that instead of a user interface, they just have a steaming pile of garbage.

Hehe, it is acceptable. Although, with the sparkling achievement icons you get if less than 10 % of players has that achievement, my PC fans audibly pick up speed. I ever wondered why the heck that is.

Proud to be a STEAM non-user since... ever.

Back
Top Bottom