ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Preview @ Gameffine

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gameffine (formally indianNoob) has previewed the Trudograd expansion of ATOM RPG.

Before we begin, let's address the mutated elephant in the room. Like ATOM before it, Trudograd is in Early Access for about 6-8 months. That means that what's on offer right now is just a fraction of what the final game will encompass. Now, I know that Early Access doesn't have the best reputation these days thanks to STEAM's glowing 'quality control' and the actions of several shady developers. I also know that most people refrain from touching EA products because they do not want to experience games in short, disjointed bits and would rather wait for the full release. That's completely understandable and no one would blame you for skipping out on EA games, how good they may be.

While ATOM RPG Trudograd only has about 5 major locations, just over 20 sidequests and 3 main quests implemented right now, it's in a far better place than where ATOM was when it launched on EA. AtomTeam seems to have learned a lot from their first rodeo in EA and have put all that knowledge into making this small vertical slice of Trudograd for potential buyers. Visually, Trudograd looks slightly better, especially at night times. There are lots of QoL features. The translation has improved a lot. It's less buggy. The inventory and journal systems aren't a mess anymore and quests and characters are more interesting and varied so far. Overall, there seems to be a noticeable improvement in the coat of polish applied. The devs are also very active in STEAM discussions and are openly taking complaints and feedback there. I think it's safe to assume that Trudograd will come out better and more refined than ATOM ever did.
More information.

:D After writing this, started a Luck 10 melee character. Luck is not a dump stat anymore

Luck is ALWAYS a dump stat, the others are WAY more important, if not essential!! IMHO. :)

The translation has improved a lot.
I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that one.

I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that one.
You have my thanks for improving the original game as well.:party:
Anyway I don't play alpha, betas or any combat demo's so kudos to those that do.

I just have to wait half a year for the full release.

Luck is ALWAYS a dump stat, the others are WAY more important, if not essential!! IMHO. :)

Well it's not as essential when compared to other attributes I guess. But from what I've seen so far, there are a surprising amounts of uses for Luck. This one time, I accidentally opened the door to a terrorist meeting where they were cooking up a bomb. Thankfully, there was a Luck check that, when passed, made the bomb blew up and kill all 5 of them within the dialogue. There's also this new Gwent-like minigame where gambling and luck come to play. So I hope a Luck build is fully viable from start to end

Well it's not as essential when compared to other attributes I guess. But from what I've seen so far, there are a surprising amounts of uses for Luck. This one time, I accidentally opened the door to a terrorist meeting where they were cooking up a bomb. Thankfully, there was a Luck check that, when passed, made the bomb blew up and kill all 5 of them within the dialogue. There's also this new Gwent-like minigame where gambling and luck come to play. So I hope a Luck build is fully viable from start to end

les us know if it is worth it to skimp other stats in favor of luck

This just in- ATOM RPG will release on iOS on May 29, if anyone's interested

This just in- ATOM RPG will release on iOS on May 29, if anyone's interested
I might be but I'd prefer playing the android releases.

As I own zero apple products.

Good thing its getting an android release as well.

Yeah, they did a lot of work incorporating Luck as a viable stat. The player is even directly reminded now and then how Luck influences your life.

Back
Top Bottom