Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Funded & Character Classes Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Knights of the Chalice II Kickstarter has funded with 36 days still remaining. Also the latest update talks about character classes.

Update #3: Character Classes video!

The first day of the campaign is nearly over, and we've very nearly reached the campaign's goal!

I have just uploaded the second video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign.

The second video presents the main strengths, weaknesses and synergies of each of the 22 character classes in KotC 2. There will be separate Kickstarter updates for the three additional classes of Spell Weaver, Summoner and Necromancer.

Tomorrow I will post on Youtube the six-minute trailer of KotC 2.

In a short while, I will post another update here about the first three companions in the KotC 2 trilogy! :)

Thank you for the awesome support everyone!! Have a great day! :)
More information.

Let's hope he reaches stretch goal: animated sprites, so we can have KOTC 1 visuals!

Let's hope he reaches stretch goal: animated sprites, so we can have KOTC 1 visuals!

Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean they can't be added in the toolset….it's just the graphics that are missing.

Wooohoo making it's funding on the first day...I wasn't sure if it would or not because it is so niche.

Thanks for reminding me to pledge. I generally don't do Kickstarters anymore, either, but this guy's got my money anytime he wants it.

Same for me. Hope you post an update if the 100k goal is reached which is when I get interested. ^^

Sure did like the video, by the way. That's my kind of trailer, and only having four classes was the biggest shortcoming of the first game. I'm thinking my first guy will be a psionicist.

WTH? Just checked the stretch goals and there is a Gelatinous Cube companion. So, when it moves, all the dirt from the floor is stuck to it and soon you have a Gelatinous Junk-Heap Companion. Hehehehe..

No worries, we will definitely add sprites to the game. :)
Thanks for reminding me to pledge. I generally don't do Kickstarters anymore, either, but this guy's got my money anytime he wants it.
Thank you so much for the kind words and support!!
WTH? Just checked the stretch goals and there is a Gelatinous Cube companion. So, when it moves, all the dirt from the floor is stuck to it and soon you have a Gelatinous Junk-Heap Companion. Hehehehe..
Correct, but it's acidic so it can dissolve what it touches. :)

So I posted here and there about the game and among others I made a little thread over at GoG.com, no idea if anyone will read or write in it but who knows. Can't hurt.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/knights_of_the_chalice_2_kickstarter_inspired_by_old_school_dd

Which leads me to a question… Wonder why the first game isn't distributed on GoG.com?

For many, many years the developer only sold the original game on his own website, in order not to have to pay a store a cut. Also, it was a pretty high price at the time considering the game's visuals. I think he finally convinced himself that he need to expand his audience and included it on Steam with some reluctance. You can buy the original DRM free on his website and I believe he plans to release the sequel DRM free on his website as well.

This seems to be the future of Kickstarter. There is a place for very small studios (one man developers, or a team of up to half a dozen people) which have already released a previously successful title to try to gain funding for a subsequent title. And in these cases the funds are not used to fund the game per say, but to increase the scope or to improve the game's presentation in the hope of gaining publicity and attracting a broader audience.

This seems to be the future of Kickstarter. There is a place for very small studios (one man developers, or a team of up to half a dozen people) which have already released a previously successful title to try to gain funding for a subsequent title. And in these cases the funds are not used to fund the game per say, but to increase the scope or to improve the game's presentation in the hope of gaining publicity and attracting a broader audience.

Yep, this and board games and 3d printed files...these all seem to do good.

Back
Top Bottom