Starflight: The Remaking of a Legend - Elements, Rocks and Trees

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Starflight: The Remaking of a Legend has a new update about elements, rocks and trees on alien planets.

Roll out, we've got another dev diary landing! This time Marvin continues to show us just how cool his new planet surfaces are by adding elements, rocks and trees to in his Starflight: The Remaking of a Legend project. Next article will cover big craters on battered worlds you can explore! :)

Twenty Two Elements

(Originally posted by Marvin 02/02/2019 HERE)

Sounds like the name of a rock band... Twenty-Two Elements. And yes, they are basically rocks.

This week, I've hunted for various rock and stone 3D models on the good old 'net. After finding a bunch, I customized each one in an attempt to make them look like the 22 elements in the game that you can pick up using your terrain vehicle.

These elements are:

Aluminum, Antimony, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Endurium, Gold, Iron, Lead, Magnesium, Mercury, Molybdenum, Nickel, Platinum, Plutonium, Promethium, Rodnium, Silver, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, and Zinc.

Of all these elements, two doesn't exist in real life - Endurium and Rodnium. For all of the others, I looked around for reference photos and tried to base my creations somewhat in reality. Unfortunately, about 75% of the elements listed look like a silver rock. So I tried to make some variations in the silver color and shine.

Here is a video of a test scene with all 22 of the elements laid out. A few are easy to spot right away - such as gold, copper, and cobalt.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom