HUMANKIND - Delayed to 2021

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Twinfinite reports that HUMANKIND has been delayed until 2021 and will be starting a program called opendev.

OpenDev is a new community-driven approach, that allows you, the players, to join the dev team and share your feedback and impressions of the early game versions. Starting July, selected players will access 3 scenarios, each focusing on specific HUMANKIND(tm) features (exploration, battles, cities...), and will be invited to give their feedback the game designers.

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This is another game I have my eyes on, since it aims to compete against one of my preferred titles: Civilization.

Not surprised as this developer always included the community before and after development of each game. Polls decided what features to add in patches.

Fitting :)

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm not surprised either. Take the time needed to make certain it's a great game. Gameplay preview vids have looked pretty good.

And add the early access Old World to the mix there's lots to be excited about in the Civ 4x genre. Old World sucked me in for about 20 hours when I tried it - enough to make clear to me it'll be a great game.

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm not surprised either. Take the time needed to make certain it's a great game. Gameplay preview vids have looked pretty good.

And add the early access Old World to the mix there's lots to be excited about in the Civ 4x genre. Old World sucked me in for about 20 hours when I tried it - enough to make clear to me it'll be a great game.
I've completely forgotten about Old World as the game is years behind schedule due to delays. It started out as a small crowdfunding game so thanks for reminding me.:highfive:

I've completely forgotten about Old World as the game is years behind schedule due to delays. It started out as a small crowdfunding game so thanks for reminding me.:highfive:

I bought the early access on Epic. First time I've bought a game there ever - but it looks like it was worth it. Really good game at this point. Still some bugs, balancing to do, some unfinished/rough UI, and they're adding more content but the core game was quite good. I stopped at 20 hours after hitting a game-breaking bug - and decided to just try and wait for the final product so I've not played since then (though it's been difficult to resist the temptation!).

Back
Top Bottom