Mortal Shell - Release Date: August 18

One Souls-like clone that looks decent. Will it be another spoof? Skeptical sense says it'll be another forgettable promise of what could have been and never was but in this case, I'll be happy to be wrong.

As both a soulslike and Rotting Christ fan, this trailer was a great surprise for me. 🤘🤘🤘

One Souls-like clone that looks decent. Will it be another spoof? Skeptical sense says it'll be another forgettable promise of what could have been and never was but in this case, I'll be happy to be wrong.

According to my experience with the Beta version, it is indeed a solid game and the trailer is not lying. You will get what you see.

According to my experience with the Beta version, it is indeed a solid game and the trailer is not lying. You will get what you see.

Absolutely agree. I too finished the beta and it is a solid action/adventure with stamina based combat and strategic combat mechanics that sets it apart from Dark Souls.

On an unrelated topic I was thinking of playing The Surge 1&2. Now most of you know I'm not a fan of Souls-like clones. So will I enjoy them or hate them?:thinking:

On an unrelated topic I was thinking of playing The Surge 1&2. Now most of you know I'm not a fan of Souls-like clones. So will I enjoy them or hate them?:thinking:

You can try it yourself and decide without paying anything - there is a demo of the Surge 1 on Steam!

I only played the first one for about 10 hours and it has similar mechanics to the souls games, except here you can target enemy limbs to chop and equip yourself later. It did not grab me like the Souls games and the environments were less interesting and the UI was confusing. The Surge 2 look better on all aspects but I have not played it.

I think they are weak games… I mean it's not impossible to get into them, butt the gameplay is utterly repetitive and the story.. not great. It's something that can save your weekend if you're really bored, and not bad games per se, just not spectacular either in my opinion.

If you liked them I’d be shocked. It’s worse DS combat in a boring and bland world imo.

As for mortal shell I had no idea it was so close to release. I played the beta twice once with the sword and the second time with the hammer and chisel. I liked the hammer and chisel play style a little more but overall found the combat a bit sluggish especially the dodging.

Hopefully combat feels better in the release version but even if it doesn’t it wasn’t so bad as to be a deal breaker. I’ll be grabbing it as soon as I finish ghost of Tsushima.

Back
Top Bottom