Sacred Fire - A Psychological RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer report on Sacred Fire and say emotions are key.

Sacred Fire is an upcoming RPG set in ancient Scotland that uses a system based around psychological decisions and emotional development in gameplay. Players will manipulate their allies and enemies' motivations to succeed you're encouraged to "control your emotions and outsmart your opponents to turn the odds into your favor."

And yes, that's the voice of Doug Cockle on the trailer. He's also known for playing Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher series.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Nice to see he found a publisher and development has resumed.:)

Sacred Fire: Psychological RPG - New Release, Trailer, Team and Steam Page
Dear backers, I hope this message finds you well. I'm very happy to share with you, that we secured the funding to finish the game we originally envisioned in the quality you've seen in the last couple of updates. After talking to a dozen publishers, looking for someone who respects our creative vision, we partnered up with a privately owned small and indie-friendly label with 10 years of experience, Iceberg Interactive. We took our time and reached out to other developers who worked with them and they come highly recommended. They enable us to make the best possible game and leave us in full creative control.

Okay, but that's the game? A series of still images (nice ones, I'll admit) with dice-rolls to see what happens when you make a choice?

Okay, but that's the game? A series of still images (nice ones, I'll admit) with dice-rolls to see what happens when you make a choice?

I guess you could say that, but there seems to be more to it than that. There is character creation, skills, etc. And there seems to be sort of slow-mo animation effect so it's not exactly still images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkfqNqSmNc

Admittedly, after watching this clip, I still don't entirely understand how combat will work. But apparently all KS backers have the ability to get access to the beta (as per latest update) so I will find out soon.

This game also will psychologically mine bitcoin on your PC, while you are pondering dialogue options A or B..

Back
Top Bottom