Wasteland 3 - Review @ COG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
COG has reviewed Wasteland 3:

Wasteland 3 Review - Step Aside Fallout, The King is Back

After Wasteland's successful revival in 2014, inExile pulled together 3 million in crowdfunding for Wasteland 3. The result? Pretty damn good, I have to say. So good that I'm saying farewell to Fallout and welcoming back the granddaddy of the post-apocalypse to its rightful throne.
More information.

As much as I like the Wasteland games Mr reviewer their not king of the hill Fallout is. Yes I know sales don't mean shit according to some of you but Fallout sells better.

So I highly doubt Fallout has to step aside.:p

I have no interest in this game while I still play FNV and FO4 (FO1 and 2 are too old for me to enjoy playing them at this point but I did enjoy them at the time).

Ever since Fallout76, there is this trend where to praise a post apocalyptic game, you have to shit on Fallout and Bethesda as if to get extra points for it. Happened with The Outer Worlds and made people believe it was actually a good game with statements like "The game Fallout should have been", and now here it is again, with Wasteland 3.

I'll say, if you have to base your praise on shitting on another game, then it can't be that good of a game. Great games get compared to other great games. If you have to use the worst game Bethesda ever made at the lowest point in the franchise's history to praise a game, then that game isn't really that good, even in your own mind.

So I highly doubt Fallout has to step aside.:p

Considering it will be at least 2030 before another Fallout gets released (given the drag-your-ass attitude of Bethesda on Starfield and TES6), and that the most recent Fallout product on the scene is a microtransaction-laden joke of an excuse for a copy/paste FO4 clone - which was already woefully backward in terms of tech and RPG qualities - I think Bethesda is doing a great job on having Fallout step aside on their own.

Ever since Fallout76, there is this trend where to praise a post apocalyptic game, you have to shit on Fallout and Bethesda as if to get extra points for it. Happened with The Outer Worlds and made people believe it was actually a good game with statements like "The game Fallout should have been", and now here it is again, with Wasteland 3.

I think you're reading too much into a clickbait title. The exaggerated hype around Outer Worlds was just salty former Bethesda fanboys who wanted TOW to be something it wasn't in a puerile dick-waving contest. I can't comment to this video since I don't feel it merits viewing, but Wasteland and Bethesda Fallout are now too far apart in genres to even consider comparison, whatever the qualities of each may be.

I think you're reading too much into a clickbait title. The exaggerated hype around Outer Worlds was just salty former Bethesda fanboys who wanted TOW to be something it wasn't in a puerile dick-waving contest. I can't comment to this video since I don't feel it merits viewing, but Wasteland and Bethesda Fallout are now too far apart in genres to even consider comparison, whatever the qualities of each may be.

Possibly guilty. I do dislike clickbaits, and I also didn't think that video to be worth any second of my life, so I didn't watch an of it.

Glad this doing well. I liked WL2.

Speaking of Bethesda man it really is amazing how slow they are. I mean Skyrim sold 20+ million copies I hear yet it came out in 2011. Most other studios following that would have put out another game within 4 years. Crazy really.

Back
Top Bottom