System Shock - Cyberspace Video

Not bad. :)

One of my biggest fears about this remake was that they might simplify the cyberspace sequences into another hacking minigame or something similar. Glad to see they're not going that route.

I see the graphics team is still dedicated to burning out our retinas. :p

Perhaps I'm mistaken, since I finished the first SS many years ago but I don't remember the Cyberspace sequences being that long.

Yea, it does look pretty good, and it looks like they took inspiration from Tron and also from the golden age of arcade gaming in the early to mid 1980s, definitely has that vibe.

On the other hand, I can see that area getting dull and boring quickly. As henriquejr noted, that looked like a damn long sequence. I hope they don't go overboard and make players go through that for too long.

The positives about the video is I love the limb shredding system they apparently put in place. That is very awesome that you can shoot off limbs and it reminds me of the great (now classic) game Dead Space. Will make combat that much more fun, the gore is great.

Also the gun sounds very "meaty" (and obviously is powerful) and that is great too. To have a real feeling of impact from weapons, very well done.

Looks very Descent-like. I trust the enemies will actually shoot back and move more in the proper game.

Those aliens (?) at the start, though?? Oh my. I know this isn't AAA but...

Back
Top Bottom