Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The remaster Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has been released:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.

Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.

• Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
  • The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
  • Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
  • Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
  • Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
  • Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
  • Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
  • Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
  • Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
  • Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.
More information.

I see this on Origin for 39.99, i already own the original game and that price doesnt seem like its discounted 60%...

I think the discount only applies to Steam.

I see this on Origin for 39.99, i already own the original game and that price doesnt seem like its discounted 60%…

Same here - almost NZ$70. Eek!
Yeah, must be Steam only.

Even if you want a temporary membership so you can play it without buying it you need the "Play Pro" membership, which is around a third of the buying price. Not really worth it if you've already played the original + DLCs all the way through.

reading the steam forums, it runs like ass on recent hardware but it asks for c2d as recommended…and asking 20/40e trololol; this should have been a free patch

Yeah well it's not a free patch. Simple reason is THO Nordic is the IP owner not EA. They had to pay a few workers to upgrade the game, and want to make more money.

I don't like it, you don't have to like it, but it's called business.:)

Well I played and finished the original and all the DLC.

And... I am still enjoying this version as well. Would have hoped for better graphics given that was one of their main points (barely see a difference) but the balancing was well done (and needed).

I did get mine on Steam as I had the original there and did get 60% off.

Well I played and finished the original and all the DLC.

And… I am still enjoying this version as well. Would have hoped for better graphics given that was one of their main points (barely see a difference) but the balancing was well done (and needed).

I did get mine on Steam as I had the original there and did get 60% off.

Same here, enjoying it so far. My only gripe is with the huge fonts. I gets annoying after a while. No idea it this happens on higher resolutions or not. I'm currently playing on a crappy 1680x1050 monitor after my FHD one went dead.

"I played for three days straight. The new version looks very different"
"The new graphics are amazing!"
"Completely different experience visually"
"The crisp textures and new graphics almost make this a new game."

Wisdom - Who the hell are these people and what are they looking at?! What unlisted version did they get because the graphics are not THAT different!!!

The first expansion was fun but I can't play that single player MMO again. I never could tolerate the OG campaign

But is the moment to moment action actually challenging with this re-release? Or is it the same braindead, everything dies merely looking at it sideways I remember? I couldn't finish the original because I was gonna fall asleep at the keyboard. And I think I could enjoy this game if it had more of a stick with its carrot.

But is the moment to moment action actually challenging with this re-release? Or is it the same braindead, everything dies merely looking at it sideways I remember? I couldn't finish the original because I was gonna fall asleep at the keyboard. And I think I could enjoy this game if it had more of a stick with its carrot.

Falling asleep at the keyboard is my experience with it as well specially playing with a chakram build. On highest difficulty, I left my PC and returned to see my around 8 yr old cousin spam clicking the mouse and destroying everything in sight. The only other game that could put me to sleep more easily was Hellgate:London. Both games, I really wanted to like. Both games I get tempted to replay every so often with memories of falling asleep at the keyboard the only thing keeping me away.

The way I made it more challenging was a melee, 2H build, with no crafting, enchanting, lockpicking, magic lockpicking (forget what it's called), imposing a 3 sec imaginary potion animation on myself (no using while attacking or getting attacked) and no grinding side quests.

Re-reckoning made me take a second look but with all reviews I've seen saying it plays very like the original means I'm out.

Falling asleep at the keyboard is my experience with it as well specially playing with a chakram build. On highest difficulty, I left my PC and returned to see my around 8 yr old cousin spam clicking the mouse and destroying everything in sight. The only other game that could put me to sleep more easily was Hellgate:London. Both games, I really wanted to like. Both games I get tempted to replay every so often with memories of falling asleep at the keyboard the only thing keeping me away.

The way I made it more challenging was a melee, 2H build, with no crafting, enchanting, lockpicking, magic lockpicking (forget what it's called), imposing a 3 sec imaginary potion animation on myself (no using while attacking or getting attacked) and no grinding side quests.

Re-reckoning made me take a second look but with all reviews I've seen saying it plays very like the original means I'm out.

If you play the game with a few self imposed rules it can be quite fun.

Basically plough ahead doing only the main quests & main side quests, and only use things such as crafting if absolutely necessary.

I had a Chakram build as well, maybe it was too powerful. I could impose rules on myself but this game and Dragon Age Inquisition were the peak of single player MMO-ness and frankly I have enough games on my backlog that won't take an extra 70 hours.

Though part of the problem was the level scale locking of the zones as you entered them, making everything even more artificially easy. I think this edition fixed that?

A re-release of Amalur was everything I wanted for this game but it sounds like they went with a 'lipstick on a pig' business model. I'm listening to word of mouth and it ain't pretty.

Edit to add: I think the biggest red flag here is the majority of the marketing lingo is selling us features that were present in the original game instead of the improvements they've made.

"I played for three days straight. The new version looks very different"
"The new graphics are amazing!"
"Completely different experience visually"
"The crisp textures and new graphics almost make this a new game."

Wisdom - Who the hell are these people and what are they looking at?! What unlisted version did they get because the graphics are not THAT different!!!

To be fair the original game looked really good....people may have forgotten that.

The original was a blur and bloom fest, which could be removed and then it looked like a ps2 game.

Back
Top Bottom