Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - What has changed?

Well the reviews were confusing as each one has a different opinion. So thanks for sharing this. I just have to find time to play the game. First-world problems.:biggrin:

What I remember so much about this game was all the sheer awesome talent that was attached to it, and the product was below average. I'd have to read a pretty spectacular review to compel me to give it another chance.

The review make me want to replay the original game, not buy the new one.

Good Story, good Lore, interesting combat...but boring game. Of most of all RPG i´ve finished it was the most boring one. Almost all quests were generic, charcter over powered, you didn´t need to think or explore everithing has a pointer in the map. All in all not a very enjoyable experience, don´t ask me why did i finished the game, i can´t answer that :)

So far so... erm... wow. Generic. I can't really think of anything else to say so far. I'm going to keep pushing forward but initial impressions aren't fantastic. Greedfall did everything this game seems to be trying to do, but better with a more coherent story.

Good Story, good Lore, interesting combat…but boring game. Of most of all RPG i´ve finished it was the most boring one. Almost all quests were generic, charcter over powered, you didn´t need to think or explore everithing has a pointer in the map. All in all not a very enjoyable experience, don´t ask me why did i finished the game, i can´t answer that :)

Honest question - how can you say the game had a good story/lore, but was boring? I'm just curious what you liked about the story/lore? It seems *so* generic and bland to me, does it get more interesting later on in the game?

What was boring about the game in general if the story and lore were good? To me, if the story and lore in a game are good I'm willing to forgive a lot of other things.

Honest question - how can you say the game had a good story/lore, but was boring? I'm just curious what you liked about the story/lore? It seems *so* generic and bland to me, does it get more interesting later on in the game?

What was boring about the game in general if the story and lore were good? To me, if the story and lore in a game are good I'm willing to forgive a lot of other things.

I thought the lore was good. Except its scattered across so many places. The story has been MMOised so the presentation of lore through story sucked. I feel like someone could have done a way better job with the lore if they didnt have to jam it into an MMO.

Full disclosure, as I play it more I'm enjoying it a bit more. It's still pretty generic, while at the same time seeming like a solid, well made game.

My bad, i wanted to say the lore was well thought and the settings were interesting. The game became boring. I remeber that it seemed that I was doing allways the same thing in diferent places, the combat is fun in the begining and very quickly became "God vs ants". I remeber thinking the quests were all the same, fetch this, do that and you only needed to get the to the marker on the map. All in all not too enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom