Legendary Journeys - Gameplay

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of the open-world RPG Legendary Journeys has been released - here's some gameplay:

Legendary Journeys

A group of friends seeking adventure in their uneventful lives get exactly what they crave when a man bursts through their local tavern and collapses with a note and a strange utterance on his dying breath. Immerse yourself in a world of high fantasy and adventure as you lead this group from their small village to the distant shores of Umbrea and other lands in the world of Farmoor to find out what the dying man's words meant.

• Large world to explore
  • Non-linear adventure
  • Party of four that you create from Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf, Half-Orc, and the mysterious Khoth
  • Choose from 10 classes such as the necromancer, death knight, and monk
  • Choose how your characters develop within their chosen class
  • Turn-based combat to give you time to plan (and for those moments you need to step-away)
  • First person party (blobber) free-roaming movement
  • A throw-back to the late 90s crpgs while adding some of the modern crpg features
  • PDF Manual
  • Printable world map
More information.

I bought this, I want to like this so bad. The developer just needs to fix the UI and perhaps give a little bit of a tutorial in the beginning.

I had a lot of problems just getting items to equip. And I'm usually pretty forgiving of buggy EA games. :D

Thanks for the feedback.
Equipment is class restricted which is based on what skills a class can learn. If a character cannot equip an item, you will not be able to drag and drop or double click to equip. I'll add these restrictions in the tool tip description.
I'll be adding a "tutorial" through hints and speaking with the peasants on Nerah's Landing. A manual is available from the store page which goes through the game's mechanics, interface, skills, etc

I bought this, I want to like this so bad. The developer just needs to fix the UI and perhaps give a little bit of a tutorial in the beginning.

I had a lot of problems just getting items to equip. And I'm usually pretty forgiving of buggy EA games. :D

It's a lot of fun and I'm playing it and have gone through the growing pains. Feel free to ask me questions here or better yet, in the discord channel. I'm around all the time on weekends and from 4-10 Central Time -6 GMT maybe? Oh! You could friend me on Steam too and ask that way. I have the same nick most everywhere and it's been mine since '96.

It's a lot of fun and I'm playing it and have gone through the growing pains. Feel free to ask me questions here or better yet, in the discord channel. I'm around all the time on weekends and from 4-10 Central Time -6 GMT maybe? Oh! You could friend me on Steam too and ask that way. I have the same nick most everywhere and it's been mine since '96.

Thank you! I've found that in the beginning I'm doing better with a party that has no elves in it. Those one-shot deaths were tough. :D I'll send you a friend request on steam.

Thank you! I've found that in the beginning I'm doing better with a party that has no elves in it. Those one-shot deaths were tough. :D I'll send you a friend request on steam.

If your name is different than FurtiveNyctophile, let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom