Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Alpha: Stage 2

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted Kickstarter-update #62 for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous:

Alpha: Stage 2

The fall is here and we are ready to start the second phase of the Alpha Test with some awesome additions! We have worked hard to prepare for it and bring even more of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous to you. We are really excited to share more content of our upcoming game and discuss it with our community.

Building the Wrath.

With the new Stage of the Alpha version, we are adding more content - including prologue and Act 3. Some of the main additions are:

We have added a tutorial and prologue. For Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous we have a goal to help new players learn the basics of the Pathfinder system and assist in building a well-rounded character - it is especially important against such immune-heavy enemies as demons. Currently, we are working on the context tutorial which will help new and veterans players alike - advising them depending on their skill and level.

While not all systems are implemented in the alpha, part of them will be in the new version.

Act 3 will also be playable in the new Stage. More adventures await in the Worldwound - with a lot of places to explore and quests to finish. Nearly all of the Mythic Paths will get their story expanded into Act 3. Excluding Demon, which will have to wait a bit more - his quests aren't finished

And with new chapters come new companions! One of them is Wenduag - a mongrel huntress, a merciless and vicious warrior whose cruelty will intimidate even the demons of the Abyss.

You can now get a valuable asset in the form of Greybor - a cold-blooded assassin, a dwarf who exterminates demons not by duty's call but solely in the name of profit.

With the third companion being Arueshalae. A heretic amongst demons -- a succubus who has betrayed the Abyss, seeking to abandon her evil ways and turn to good.

Gathering the Righteous (and their feedback).

As in the previous test, we will have two main places for discussions of the alpha - our discord server and our forum. Join us there and participate in all kinds of discussions related to our games!

The feedback will be gathered in the same old way: polls and gathering information from our tester's discussions. Stage 2 of the alpha test can be discussed on the forum in the special sub-section or in discord in special channels.

If you don't have access to the alpha sub-section of the forum or alpha channels on discord - you can contact us via email team@owlcatgames.com or in discord (Community Managers group in the user tab).
Few UI improvements.

Another "glimpse" into the future is parts of the UI in Stage 2. Currently, only inventory and dialogue windows changes are implemented.
And, as some may know, our UI is always related to what happens in the game in some way.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is no exception. But how it is related to the plot you will learn later...
Talking about improvements: we have increased the size of the character model in the inventory. The quality of models was improved - now you will be able to see more details on your character. There are also two new slots for the equipment - goggles and shirt. Otherwise, it will be the same old UI.
Another thing our UI team is currently working on is improving the "Attack" block. It can have some issues on higher levels when using two-handed weapons.

We are really interested in feedback on the UI changes and will keep an eye on it to see your thoughts on it.

Afterword

There are still a lot of things to add, finish, and polish. But with each passing day, more tasks get completed by the team. Even more, tasks will be finished by the release! And the assistance of our alpha and beta testers will allow us to improve the quality of the game. With their help, we gathered a lot of feedback and ideas, which we discussed for two days, after which more than 100 tasks were created to improve Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (we talk about it in the update Per Aspera ad Alpha). Some of those tasks are already finished and made it into the new version of alpha.
More information.

Purpleblob shared what info she can due to NDA, and I watched various videos that I can sate with impunity this might be a good RPG, but it's different than King Maker.

So I'll need a special wide monitor that has large PPI and low max brightness strength, to avoid eyestrain as much as possible and still try out these games on 1080p+ wide resolutions.. as the UIs are unfortunately now are developed for "wide everything".

Purpleblob shared what info she can due to NDA, and I watched various videos that I can sate with impunity this might be a good RPG, but it's different than King Maker.

There are definitely enough differences to Kingmaker but without losing familiarity. So much more class building options are added - there are so many different classes I want to try (of new additions, I tried out Oracle and War priest, planning to go with Angelfire Apostles next).

What I'm hearing so far sounds pretty good. Just give us more of the same but without the kingdom management.

I can say Crusade management is much more engaging than Kingdom management - you actually build units of army with different composition of classes and abilities etc.

Can't say more (due to NDA) until maybe beta is out - I might do a preview then :)

I'm really enjoying kingmaker now with the turn based mod....does anyone know if this will have the same options?

I'm really enjoying kingmaker now with the turn based mod….does anyone know if this will have the same options?

If I remember correctly they will include both rtwp and turn based at launch. And I think that's pretty cool. :)

Glad to hear Kingdom Management is being removed/replaced, it was honestly what turned me down everytime I tried to finish it before turn-based mode was enabled.

I did enjoy Kingmaker in turn-based mode, and since Wrath of the Righteous will have that from launch, it may very well be a day-one purchase for me. Just hoping this time the release version of the game will be much more thoroughly playstested and bug-free.

Yeah, more fighting demons in destroyed buildings!

Good to hear crusade management is more engaging than the kingdom management stuff, look forward to hearing more - a preview would be great if you have time, Purpleblob!

I've also enjoyed Pathfinder Kingmaker since they introduced the turn-based mode. It was on my shortlist of games to buy, but never did it until then because I know I don't like RTwP combat, so I would end up putting it to the side after a few ours of gameplay.

I've been playing PK since the beta that introduced the turn-based mode and I can say STEAM saus I've played it for 90 hours (!), and I'm still a long way from the end. Although these past couple weeks I've been playing a lot less, with Wasteland 3…

So I'm disapointed with the chosen setting for this sequel. Demons, hell, desolated places… It's not interesting to me and it seems it will be somewhat repetitive and boring. I'm almost certain that I won't be buying this game when it comes out.

So I'm disapointed with the chosen setting for this sequel. Demons, hell, desolated places… It's not interesting to me and it seems it will be somewhat repetitive and boring. I'm almost certain that I won't be buying this game when it comes out.

There are some really interesting things implemented in WotR - why don't you keep an eye on it?

Mythic paths are really shaping up nicely - it's not just about class building but each path can really impact the plot differently.

Owlcats are really building up on lore as well - there are tons of interesting things to read. It's not just about fighting demons.

Back
Top Bottom