The Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt reported on a teaser trailer for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum which shows off some parkour.

It's not often that we get Lord of the Rings games, that too centered on the manipulative Gollum. But Daedalic Entertainment's The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is looking to explore that perspective, mixing in stealth with some vertical parkour. A new teaser is available now but there also new details courtesy of IGN.

Lead designer Martin Wilkes spoke to the publication and said that the movement is reminiscent of Prince of Persia. "If you want a reference you might think of it as similar to Prince of Persia. It is mostly a non-combat game, but Gollum will be able to stealthily take out enemies. However, this will not be easy and always come with big risks. We want players to carefully weigh these encounters. After all, Gollum's strengths lie in cunning not combat."

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Parkour and Lord of the Rings. Two things I never would have believed would ever been in the same sentence, had it not been for the Mordor games. Don't really know who this game is for, tbh.

Quite possibly the richest, deepect IP in the world in terms of its lore and the breadth of people who love it with all kinds of untapped potential for adventure and exploration - and we still wait for a deep, single player RPG set in the world. It boggles my mind.

Quite possibly the richest, deepect IP in the world in terms of its lore and the breadth of people who love it with all kinds of untapped potential for adventure and exploration - and we still wait for a deep, single player RPG set in the world. It boggles my mind.
Blame EA a huge open world game with RPG elements was in development they cancelled it. It's the same respect they show the Star Wars IP as well. None.:(

Link -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_White_Council

and we still wait for a deep, single player RPG set in the world. It boggles my mind.

You mean another one right? Interplay made single player cRPG's of the first two books:
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (1990)
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. II: The Two Towers (1992)

They were actually okay games but sadly not as good as other cRPG's of that era i.e. the late gold box games, EoB, Ultima VI & VII, Wizardry VI & VII, Darklands, M&M4, QfG3 etc etc. It was a golden age of cRPG's so average games were simply forgotten.

You mean another one right? Interplay made single player cRPG's of the first two books:
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (1990)
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. II: The Two Towers (1992)

They were actually okay games but sadly not as good as other cRPG's of that era i.e. the late gold box games, EoB, Ultima VI & VII, Wizardry VI & VII, Darklands, M&M4, QfG3 etc etc. It was a golden age of cRPG's so average games were simply forgotten.
Yeah don't hate the messenger but every modern gamer I know has probably never heard of those games, and never played them. There aren't any recent LoTR Rpgs.

Would love to replay them in an enhanced edition :)

I did replay the first one not so long ago (with upscaling and online maps and walkthrough etc.). great setting, great ambiance.

You'll probably need to use emulators, but there was a reasonable turn-based LoTR RPG released by EA called The Third Age, but only on PS2 era consoles.

I had the gamecube version, and probably got about a third of the way through it. It felt a bit generic, without a great deal of depth, but did capture the LoTR "feel" quite well, despite being set well apart from the movies, but there were other RPGs that were more distinct at that time which overshadowed it.

In all honesty, though, I'd probably rather play Third Age on an emulator than this Gollum game. I'm really struggling to get any good feelings from it.

I just joined the forum

I just joined the forum so there are so many things I don't know yet, I hope to have the help of the boards, and I really want to get to know you all on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom