Godfall - Will not have an Offline Mode

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Godfall will not have an offline mode.

Godfall is a third-person fantasy action RPG that will release next month. However, it appears that this new game will not have an offline mode. Instead, PC gamers will need a constant Internet connection, even for its single-player campaign.

Gearbox and Counterplay Games claim that Godfall won't be a service game. However, this does not mean that the game will not require a constant internet connection to play.

[...]
More information.

But don't worry about any of your information.
We only collect ingame metrics and statistics and we pinky swear that we will protect your data safely and securely. I mean really its your responsibility to give us that information freely anyway, after all you viewed our 300 page Terms of Service where it clearly lays everything out...

People still care about this? I haven’t been offline in 10 years or more.

Well the problem arises when a game basically needs you to be online just to play the SP part that can be played offline but nope you can't. Diablo III is a prime example also.

We seriously need a new name for this genre.

If it was just an MP game then nah don't think there would be an uproar. ;)

You don't have to be online to play though. Big difference.:biggrin:

Personally just don't care enough to get worked up about this game. As I just finished Borderlands 3 and that game was a big disappointment compared to Borderlands 2.

Point is, most people are online anyways and think nothing of it until they see "connection required", and then it's suddenly a big deal.

Point is, most people are online anyways and think nothing of it until they see "connection required", and then it's suddenly a big deal.

I played Path of Exile twice, both on my old and new computer, and it never played smoothly despite me using a ton of workarounds, even though I have what is considered a medium-fast connection in Austria. There have been complaints that the EU server is slow.

There are always a couple of days during the year when "internet is being serviced" and essentially unavailable. Also there are some times with very high traffic, Sunday night for example, where the internet connection is not especially good.

For that reasons I prefer my SP games playable offline.

And what happens if when they decide to shut the servers down?

Thank you for your data. I'll be sure to send a driver to pick up your daughter since I was able to grab her location via the GPS data you unknowingly provide me completely legally. Don't worry, he's been out of prison for almost a week. ;)

I assume this is the type of stuff people worry about. I just hope somebody steals a couple of my medical bills :D

Isn't it so that games on steam do need a constant connection as well ?
Okay, there's the offline mode on steam, but it is imho well hidden.

A few years ago there was that German guy who just wanted to know how much data fb had collected off him. He got a 700 pages printed book (or stack of papers, whatever it could be called).

To me it is a possible problem because I can buy a game during a sale and play it several years later. If the servers are gone the game becomes unplayable.

Therefore I avoid buying online only games, until I can and want to play it. And it is on sale.

I don't get upset, and I understand it is important to some companies. Just not a good fit for me and how I play games (very slowly :) )

Thank you for your data. I'll be sure to send a driver to pick up your daughter since I was able to grab her location via the GPS data you unknowingly provide me completely legally. Don't worry, he's been out of prison for almost a week. ;)

I assume this is the type of stuff people worry about. I just hope somebody steals a couple of my medical bills :D

I don’t have a daughter so you aren’t collecting enough data apparently. :lol: People were abducted long before the internet and continue to be with no involvement of the internet.

Seriously though I know what data they say they’re collecting and I assume they’re collecting much more. Just check your google dashboard. Also some may get a real eye opening by watching the social dilemma on Netflix.

Thing is, I don’t care. They can see where I go, how long I’m there, what I eat, buy, play, watch, etc. I don’t really do anything I would care if people know about.

As for financials I do everything I can to protect myself using password generators, 2 step verification and vary my account names. I can only do what I can do and see how it shakes out. I won’t live in fear of the internet.

Sorry kinda went OT.

Godfall will release on November 12th,and will be exclusive to Epic Games Store.
I don't see any problem with this game. The developers and their bosses just want to mine bitcoin on customers' computers, which is totally normal in this day and age, when a super-rich IT-Guy thinks he can forcefully inoculate anyone with Army help..

I don't see any problem with this game. The developers and their bosses just want to mine bitcoin on customers' computers, which is totally normal in this day and age, when a super-rich IT-Guy thinks he can forcefully inoculate anyone with Army help..

Why shouldn't we be able to forcefully inoculate anyone? How rude of them not to want to make others feel safe? It's in everyone else's best interest.

I was considering buying it, thank you for your help to make up my mind. Crossed off from the list. :)

Back
Top Bottom