Genshin Impact - Encapsulating the Phenomenon @ RPG Site

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPG Site analyzes the open world RPG Genshin Impact:

Genshin Impact: Encapsulating the Phenomenon One Month Later

Going into 2020, I never would have dreamed that Genshin Impact would have ended up being one of the biggest titles this year. Don't get me wrong, I like it quite a bit. Even at Adventure Rank 37, I still log in everyday to do my dailies and pursue various in-game activities to enhance my characters. For better or worse, I have played a lot of gacha games over the years and this feels like the one that penetrated the mainstream audience in a significant way recently. Yes, long-standing titles like Granblue Fantasy, Fate/Grand Order, the numerous mobile Final Fantasy entries (Record Keeper, Brave Exvius, Opera Omnia, etc.), and even Puzzle & Dragons remain immensely popular in that space, but none of them have occupied the social mainstream mindshare the way Genshin Impact has.

This is not to say that any of these games are better than the other. They all have good and bad aspects about them. I'm not here to judge you if you play any of them... well, unless you're an Epic Seven player.

I kid, I kid.

What distinguishes Genshin Impact from past releases is an amalgamation of several factors: accessibility, scope, and timing. Before we dive into it, let me contextualize this a bit if you aren't aware of the state of the gacha game industry these days.

[...]
More information.

So he hates The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV but loves Genshin Impact? Guess our tastes have nothing in common. At least I agree with some of his article.

James Galizio <> Josh Torres -> they have several reviewers.

So the site hates Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV but loves Genshin Impact? Seems our tastes have nothing in common. At least I agree with some of the article.
Lastly, Genshin Impact launched at the right time. Let's face it; late September and most of October was a dry period for brand-new releases for RPGs. We are all currently in this calm before the storm of next-generation consoles launching alongside the year's biggest releases of Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Yakuza: Like A Dragon, the Demon's Souls remake, and much more. There was a small gap in these last few weeks and Genshin Impact swept the world for a brief amount of time.

Edit: There fixed it for ya. Still the same reply basically.:p

Swept through the article and it looks as if was written a month back.
Of course, the author did not include the popularity risque (18+) gacha titles - either because ignorance or to prove the point all gacha games are aimed at kids.
Finally, Zelda in the article? Again? WTF already.

Back
Top Bottom