Godfall - PS5 Exclusive until Mid 2021

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@The Escapist Godfall will be an PS5 exclusive game until May 2021 according to the latest trailer.

Godfall launches alongside PlayStation 5 next week and will remain a console exclusive on Sony's platform until mid-2021. Gearbox Publishing and Counterplay Games' next-gen game got a launch trailer to help celebrate the impending release date, and as noticed by Nibel on Twitter, Sony's version of the video says that the looter-slasher will remain a console exclusive until "at least" May 12, 2021. So, in other words, the odds of Godfall on Xbox Series X | S in around six months are pretty good. You can see the cinematic launch trailer below.

[...]
More information.

Makes me hungry for cookies.

The fact you have to logon to their servers for SP doesn't help either. Anyway it's only console exclusive as it's still getting a PC release, but like others I'm not interested.

Did you look at their system requirements for PC... Absolute madness considering how it looks

It's the same reason I ask why Borderlands is considered an RPG? The genre of both games is defined as co-op looter shooters. Yet sites list the games as RPGs?
Did you look at their system requirements for PC… Absolute madness considering how it looks
I agree their insane and make it sound like a bad PC port.

Hm. Looks like a westernized version of Japanese Anime and giant robot battles. It's kind of hard to tell what the gameplay will be like from this video. So, hard to judge.

I plan on getting a PS5 some time next year. No idea if I will pick this up though.

It's the same reason I ask why Borderlands is considered an RPG? The genre of both games is defined as co-op looter shooters. Yet sites list the games as RPGs?
I agree their insane and make it sound like a bad PC port.

Having played the first 2 Borderlands, I have to say the games have multiple characters of differing classes whom you can equip in different ways, and who have skill trees and character progression. The game also has both main and side quests.

It seems to me if you want to consider Diablo an RPG, than Borderlands certainly is, since I can't think of any rpg elements that exist in Diablo, that aren't in Borderlands. That also goes for any games of the genre, whether its Grim Dawn, Dead Island, Path of Exile, et.

I think of these games as Hack'N'Slay games, and they are as RPG to me as Rogulikes, Soullikes, SRPGS, and Tactics games such as X-Com are. They are all on the edge of RPGdom, and appeal to many players who like RPGs, even if its questionable whether one should call them that or not.

@forgottenlor

That's my whole point. Basically any game can be labeled an RPG once again.

Back
Top Bottom