Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - DLC Survey

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has a survey that asks your opinion of DLC.

Pathfinders, we need your answers!

The work on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is in full swing. Now we are approaching a Beta testing stage, so this is the right time to start thinking about the post-release life of Wrath of the Righteous. For us as for developers, it is important to know what our community thinks about downloadable content. We want you to enjoy the content that comes after the release of the game. This is why we have prepared this short survey - to better understand the way you play the games and what you like in DLCs.

Please help us by sharing your thoughts and take a survey here
More information.

Honestly, I have never been a big fan of buying DLC. By the time they are released, usually the game is already on the shelf and I don’t feel like restarting a new game just to see a few new features. I might buy them if they are in a special edition combo with the full game, however, if I’m late at playing the game.

Same. Unless there wasn't enough with the original game (Dishonored, for ex), or if the quality is better than the original game (Neverwinter Games, for ex).

I think it mostly depends on the completion length. Games like Skyrim or The Witcher 3 are great, but I'm not sure I'd buy a DLC because it'd just be too long for me, unless there is nothing else to do (which never happens).

Certainly not episodic DLC, not sure what they were thinking ;)

Last edited:
Aye completed this about 30 minutes ago. Did my best to answer accurately.

Honestly, I have never been a big fan of buying DLC. By the time they are released, usually the game is already on the shelf and I don’t feel like restarting a new game just to see a few new features. I might buy them if they are in a special edition combo with the full game, however, if I’m late at playing the game.

This. That's why I prefer that any story/quests DLC takes place after the main game. I rarely replay games due to having so many.

Yeah, it's not a good idea to let me know you're planning in-game DLC. I can be patient, and that will tend to make me wait until all the DLC is out, which probably also means picking up the main game on sale.

If it's after-the-main-game content, that's not a problem.

DLC can't feel like stuff that should have been present at launch. It should feel like separate content. I think NWN 2 DLC did a decent job with Mask of the Betrayer and Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir.

Finished the survey. On contrary to previous posts, I actually prefer DLCs which adds more story content to the main campaign. It adds the fun of discovering something new in my replays on top of whatever I may have missed out in my first run :) Also a big fan of expansion like DLCs (continiation of the main game story arc).

I really dislike the idea of episodic DLCs - hope Owlcats don't go down with this path.

I think that's the point. For gamers who like to do replays all DLC is great. It gets you excited for the game again.

For gamers who don't like to do replays it's a mixed bag. As JDR said, DLC for after the game is also great. Just like a small sequel.
Other DLC is a problem as you either have to wait with your playthrough or you just have to ignore it.

If I know there will be DLCs a while after release I'll just wait for the "full version".

Oh my DLC what a surprise in modern times.O_O

Kidding aside we all knew this game would have DLC, and I like purpleblob prefer DLC that adds to the story. Similar to how expansions packs were in the old days.

I hate DLC that makes you replay a finished game.

So I only just did the survey. I think it's pretty obvious that they're intending to release episodic DLC for a new main character.
Would be ok for me as long as the releases between each DLC are not too far apart.

From a development point of view, I understand how that solution must be attractive to them.

From a customer point of view, I fear that we may end up with short episodes being disconnected like a casual TV show, and no long-term vision on the whole story, no quest beyond the horizon of a single episode, or persistence in the characters and world state (unless they manage to conciliate variations of the starting point with their story).

Sometimes it's fun to watch disconnected TV shows, but it's just another, shallower style, I don't see how it's compatible with characters that need time to develop.

I like big, chunky DLC that really adds to the game. The last game I can think of did everything "right" - but it was an ARPG. Grim Dawn. This game has been out for years and they added two absolutely massive DLCs for a reasonable price - Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods. Both DLC hit every qualification I have for DLC in general to be "great" -

1) Well priced
2) Tons of additional content, playable at nearly any level
3) Extra classes/ways to play the game in the form of new class/race/whatever combos

Short "episodic" DLC don't interest me much, and I have been known many times to wait until the "finished" comes out a year or so later, complete with all DLC. Call it the full version, Director's Cut, whatever.

I listed Bloodmoon as my favorite DLC although maybe back then that was an expansion :p

I tend to like DLC that adds to the replay value of a game, particularly if it is available early in the campaign and provides a different branch to story line. New companions can be good. New classed, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom