Mass Effect - Official Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
An official teaser trailer for the next Mass Effect.

Get a sneak peek at the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. A veteran team at BioWare is in the early stages of what is on the horizon for the Mass Effect franchise, and we are excited to show you where we'll be heading next!
Thanks ChaosTheory!

More information.

Good news. Despite everything that went wrong in the last few years I'm confident that they still can deliver a good game. Not a masterpiece, and perhaps not a very good game, but a good game.

Re-post.

I'm surprised as it looks like a true sequel to part three. Wonder if they are using the destroy ending? As it looked like Liara was picking up a piece of the Normandy.

I thought it would be a prequel with the initiate first contact and we shall stand together comments. Then came the reapers which are not part of that history period yet.

Then again a caveat maybe the reapers aren't dead and a new alien race is invading.

Tired faces, mediocre story, forgettable characters, let`s hope Andromeda will never happen again for this otherwise amazing franchise.

Tbh I would be satisfied if the new game was as good as Andromeda.

Still could easily be a pre-quel. The first half of the video seems to be covering the history of humanity getting into space and discovering the mass gate. The game could simply start out with Liara in the future finding that N7 bit then she starts a long flashback of how humans came into the galaxy's civilization.

More news here: https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect...inal-trilogy-devs-returning-for-the-new-game/

Both the ME and Dragon Age teasers seemed to me very lackluster and slapped-together. I think perhaps it's mainly about EA declaring that it's not about to dispatch Bioware and those IPs.

No one I know wants a prequel and fans said so after the trilogy.

I'm also not clicking that link as I hate PCGamer.:p

Curious why the teaser sucks for some of you?

As a fan of the franchise, the fact that there is another ME incoming is a big deal, despite the Andromeda disappointment (for some) and despite the recent personnel losses at Bioware.

To be shown that at least some of the pre-Andromeda trilogy characters are returning, tells us quite a bit about a game that is still 3+ years away.

I would not mind another ME game. I enjoyed MEA myself. These kind of games I tend to only play once though as they are more like an interactive movie with set story and character.

I do miss Shep but his story is done I believe.

I would not mind another ME game. I enjoyed MEA myself. These kind of games I tend to only play once though as they are more like an interactive movie with set story and character.

I do miss Shep but his story is done I believe.

The first trilogy is something rather unique, I won't argue on the movies aspect, I "played" the Netflix interactive movie, and no matter the good points it has, it's no way any ME.

For MEA which is a totally different case, what makes it more an interactive movie than The Witcher 3? RPG are rather weak on alternate main stories, this is nothing new.

I felt the ME games were pretty linear, even on how you did missions, and all the cut scenes. I could never finish W3 and only did the first main area (White orchard I think its called). But based on friends and comments it sounded more free form and less rail roaded.

But W3 was even more limited then ME in the character. Like Tomb Raider games or the like.

I don't like set protagonists in general. So playing games with a very linear story and set main character that isn't custom I feel is like watching a cool movie where you manage the combat and guide the main character - who isn't me but the movie character I am watching.

Anyhow I think you missed my point on what I meant by interactive movie - I didn't mean literally :p I meant in not being able to make my own character and that the game and story felt like it was on a fairly strict path.

Whether someone agrees with me or not is completely irrelevant though as I am not trying to persuade anyone - I am merely explaining my point of view on these kinds of games.

I think you took it as a criticism of the game which it isn't. I enjoyed all the ME games very much. They just aren't games I would play multiple times for the most part and I feel much less connection to the game because I am not playing my character in the game I am playing someone else's, i.e. sitting back and watching a movie where I get a certain amount of control.

Welp, that showed next to nothing. Spoiler, the game will be set in space.

I'm rooting for both Bethesda and Bioware. It's only to my benefit if they remain capable of making quality RPGs. Haven't liked much that I've seen from either for a surprisingly long time now, though.

Welp, that showed next to nothing. Spoiler, the game will be set in space.
Hmm ... what did you expect the game probably wont be released for another 2-3 years at most. If they showed early footage people would still find time to complain.
I'm rooting for both Bethesda and Bioware.
Me to as I still love their games. Not that jaded as most Watchers.
Haven't liked much that I've seen from either for a surprisingly long time now, though.
I enjoyed the last two Dragon Age games and Andromeda. I know I'm weird.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the last two Dragon Age games and Andromeda. I know I'm weird.
I don't think that gamers who enjoyed these games are in a minority here.
But the majority thinks that they're worse than the prequels.

Back
Top Bottom