HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Rjshae spotted the Mod of the Year Awards 2020:

2020 Mod of the Year Awards

2020 Winner

Welcome to the 2020 Mod of the Year results! With top 100 voting having taken place over the last 20 days, the results have now been tallied and we are ready to announce the winners! Our favorite moments in 2020 include Command & Conquer Remastered injecting new life into a much loved franchise by modders, and seeing many 10 year old mods like Project Reality still getting major updates, so many years on.

[...]

Honorable Mentions

With so many fantastic mods posting major updates and leveraging their passionate communities, we'd like to direct your praise and attention to these honorable mentions. A honorable mention is given for polling strongly in the awards, but being ineligible due to placing higher in a previous year, or if a significant update was not released in 2020:

• Empire at War Expanded: Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War
  • Empire at War Expanded: Fall of the Republic
  • Edain Mod
  • Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS)
  • Brutal Doom
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly
  • Tiberium Essence
  • Age of Empires III: Wars of Liberty
  • Empire At War Remake: Galactic Civil War
  • Half-Life 2 : MMod
  • Twisted Insurrection
  • Battlefront 2 Remaster Project
  • Half-Life : Echoes
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl
  • Forgotten Hope 2
  • Awakening of the Rebellion 2.8
  • Star Trek: Armada 3
  • Contra
Mod of the Year Top 10

10TH PLACE
Half Life 2: Raising the Bar Redux - For: Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Experience Half-Life 2 like never before. Return to City 17, held within the iron grip of the Combine and the Consul. Reunite with old friends, and enemies, and some of them brand new. Immerse yourself in a revitalised combat system featuring old arsenals made new again, with added features to raise the bar in gameplay. You've been waiting for quite some time, now. It's time to climb aboard.

9TH PLACE
Arcane Dimensions - For: Quake

Arcane Dimensions was created by a large community team of level designers, artists and coders over many years and the latest version has finally been released. This mod is all about projectile combat, breakable environments and encouraging all players to become multi dimensional explorers!
It features 30+ richly detailed and uniquely themed environments to explore and a whole new army of monsters to test your skill and reflexes along the way.

8TH PLACE
Total War: Rise of Mordor - For: Total War: Attila

Total War: Rise of Mordor is an epic overhaul project based on "The Lord of the Rings". The visuals of the mod are based on films however the background story and rosters are accurate to the books.

7TH PLACE
Unification Mod - Dawn of War: SoulStorm - For: Dawn of War

The UTTERMOST Dawn of War races' combiner mod. Unification is an advanced combiner mod, that allows you to seamlessly combine almost all community-created races. Make no mistake, this is the ABSOLUTE way to combine races for Dawn of War.

6TH PLACE
Expanding Fronts - For: Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts is a massive fan-made expansion that brings new civilizations, units, maps, gameplay features, and quality of life improvements to Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. Built over nearly a decade with contributions from dozens of community members, Expanding Fronts provides the definitive Galactic Battlegrounds experience.

5TH PLACE
Black Mesa: Azure Sheep - For: Black Mesa

In Azure Sheep, player takes the role of a generic security guard called "Just Barney". When the Black Mesa incident strikes, Barney realizes that his colleague and love interest Kate, codename "Azure Sheep", is in danger, and he must venture into the facility to rescue her. Eventually, the two join up and work together to escape the danger.

4TH PLACE
Divide and Conquer - For: Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms

Divide and Conquer is the biggest Third Age: Total War submod of all time. It contains many new factions, units, scripts, 2d artwork and more! DaC has been an ongoing project for 9 years now but the current modding team is the longest running team in its history.

3RD PLACE
Project Reality - For: Battlefield 2

Back again 10 years on and still updated frequently - Project Reality's aim is to create a more realistic combat environment than standard Battlefield 2, and place a greater emphasis on teamwork and cooperation. Most of the aspects of Battlefield 2 that have the capacity to be modified have been tweaked, or completely overhauled, to reflect their real life counterparts, for increased realism.

2ND PLACE
Mental Omega - For: C&C: Yuri's Revenge

A free unofficial expansion pack for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, which retells, expands and continues the story of the original game. Enhanced with Ares DLL, Mental Omega strives to bring many new features to the game, including a 100-mission campaign, cooperative and a brand new faction: the Foehn Revolt.

1ST PLACE
Age of the Ring - For: Battle for Middle-earth II: Rise of the Witch King

Delve deeper into Middle-earth than ever before, in The Age Of The Ring. A mod that aims to create a RTS experience that is faithful to the spirit of Tolkien's mythos. The developers behind the mod have continued to add new factions, heroes and maps, years after it's original release and throughout 2020.
More information.

Star Wars Fallen Republic for Stellaris is my nr1 (non rpg) mod of 2020.

Oh, hadn't heard of that one yet. Sounds good, subscribed!
I've been meaning to try out the Star Trek: New Horizons mod but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I fnished STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl long time ago, and I keep telling myself I should try out those STALKER mods (Anomaly, Misery, Call of Chernobyl, Lost Alpha, among others) but I always postpone this decision :(

Anyway, I never tried neither Clear Sky nor Call of Pripyat. Perhaps I should give'em a try too.

Kaiserreich for hearts of iron 4 is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Didn't even make the top ten, but I know a few other HOI4 mods that are better.:)

Back
Top Bottom