Non-RPG General News - A thorough Look at Watch Dogs

I remember playing the first game and losing interest. Never played the sequels.

Was this about the first, the second, or both Watch Dogs games?
He takes a look at the whole trilogy in his video.
This is a video critique and analysis of the Watch Dogs trilogy of open-world hacking-focused GTA-alikes. It looks at the how the extreme tonal changes each game goes through clash with its lack of interest in changing its mechanical structure from game to game. Spoilers throughout.

He used the expression, "Don't know shit from Shinola." I'll wager that most people under fifty have no idea what 'Shinola' is or why it's funny.

I remember playing the first game and losing interest. Never played the sequels.

Same. At first, I liked the effect of being able to hack anything easily, then it quickly feels empty. I don't fully agree with Noah's criticism on the main character using the same methods as the power he fights against. I find it rather ironic that those tools are used against their creator, at least that's how I see it.

But for the most part, I have to agree with what he says, I just find it's a bit long for what the games are worth.

PS: I have to admit I haven't watched the full video :p

I enjoyed Watch Dogs 1 and 2 a whole lot, very different from each other in terms of their themes and story. I haven't played Legion yet, though I will after I finish Cyberpunk 2077 (over 90 hours and I'm still only 1/2 or 2/3 of the way through it) and AC Valhalla.

Geez, he's not kidding when he says thorough. No way I'm taking the time to watch all that even though I'm mildly interested. He seems quite critical of the games judging from what I skimmed through.

I've played a little of WD 1 and think it's ok for what it is. Is there any argument for playing WD 2 over the first game?

I've played a little of WD 1 and think it's ok for what it is. Is there any argument for playing WD 2 over the first game?

I've played both and the main argument for WD 2 is the cast. A lot of people found Aidan lacking as a protagonist. The second game has a reasonably engaging group of Dedsec misfits at its core.

Gameplay-wise, I think it was similar. I do seem to remember San Francisco being a more fully realized and varied city to explore than Chicago was.

Back
Top Bottom