Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Beta is Coming

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous declares Beta will arrive February 2nd.

Pathfinders!

The time is nigh, and the beta is coming!

Initially, we were going to begin the beta in January, but decided to give ourselves a little extra time to add the long-awaited turn-based mode! That's right, the turn-based mode is coming to beta. And the beta is coming on the 2nd of February.

What else can you expect from the beta? Let's see: 4 chapters, although the 4th one is only partially finished at the moment, and not all art is ready for it yet; some new archetypes, some new quests you haven't seen in the alpha, the first stages of some romances, and of course - some bugs. Additionally, you will be allowed to stream the first 3 chapters of the beta. Are you excited? We are very excited! We can't wait to show you our game, and to stream it, and to watch you stream it, and to see your feedback! It's the last stage in development where your feedback can affect and change some aspects of the game, and that's why it's such an important milestone for us, and hearing what our backers think will be invaluable to our team.

You will be able to see the first stream of beta on our twitch channel and our YouTube channel on the 1st of February at 17:00 CET (11:00 EST/8:00 PST).

You will be able to participate in the beta if you have the Early Access tier or higher, pre-ordered or transferred from Kickstarter, and you can check which tier do you have on our portal https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/, if you log in using your email (please make sure it's the same email you used when you backed the game!), then click on the button with your email in the upper right corner of the screen, and then check the Purchased Items folder to see what tier do you have:

[...]
Thanks purpleblob!

More information.

Not really excited as I'm tired of reading about and playing Alpha's, Beta's and so on do to Early Access. I'll let others share their experience and opinions like purpleblob.:(

That was the closed Alpha/Early Beta were no one could share details. Now it seems like it's entering the open Beta phase, and you can watch streams of the game.

Based on the info they are working on chapter 4 so that's probably half of the game.

Not really excited as I'm tired of reading about and playing Alpha's, Beta's and so on do to Early Access. I'll let others share their experience and opinions like purpleblob.:(

I thought you were playing some of early accesses?

Eh? This isn't even in Beta yet? For some reason I though it had already reached that stage awhile back.

It was in alpha stage until recently. I think the game might be delayed a bit (I think its too tight to meet the June 2021 deadline) but still should be on track to release this year.

I thought you were playing some of early accesses?
I was but I'm burned out playing unfinished games. I'm taking a break. Also have to say I prefer the older traditional model of game development. Play it when it's finished.
It was in alpha stage until recently. I think the game might be delayed a bit (I think its too tight to meet the June 2021 deadline) but still should be on track to release this year.
Yep it should release later this year. Probably in Fall if nothing goes wrong.

That was the closed Alpha/Early Beta were no one could share details. Now it seems like it's entering the open Beta phase, and you can watch streams of the game.

Based on the info they are working on chapter 4 so that's probably half of the game.

I believe the full game should be 6 chapters. For beta, people can stream up to chapter 3. I played up to chap3 in alpha, so chap4 is going to be brand new experience for me :)

I'm going to hold off playing before the full release this time. I already know it is going to be a great game and even though i have access I would rather try and clear some more of my backlog before diving into it.

Yeah, I can't see this being released in June if it's only just now hitting Beta.

I believe the full game should be 6 chapters. For beta, people can stream up to chapter 3. I played up to chap3 in alpha, so chap4 is going to be brand new experience for me :)

What's your thoughts thus far?

I'd play the beta if it wasn't so expensive. I was fine to support them with the alpha, but an additional $114 buy-in is more than what I'm ready to commit to help test a beta game (my fault, I missed the Kickstarter), I think they did pretty well with their first game and are well settled now.

Besides, we have someone to keep us informed ;)

It also takes time, and it's harder to really enjoy a released game when one has already played through several games in alpha and beta. So it'd probably mean playing the beta and not the release, or only a year later.

Ah, but it will be hard waiting for the release :)

I'd play the beta if it wasn't so expensive. I was fine to support them with the alpha, but an additional $114 buy-in is more than what I'm ready to commit to help test a beta game (my fault, I missed the Kickstarter), I think they did pretty well with their first game and are well settled now.

On their website, it's only $60 to preorder the collector's edition, and that also gives you access to the Beta.

The price is below, not above, the collector's edition is $195 ;)

images

What's your thoughts thus far?

Alpha was very stable. I really enjoyed it - mythic levels and companions being highlights. In alpha, there were 6 mythic paths - I tried only 2 to end of chapter 3. Some mythics are more fleshed out than others at this stage. Angel was fun but Azatas was much more enjoyable still. Companions have a lot more banters/interjections which makes them much more alive than Kingmaker companions.

I will definitely work on preview once I finish beta run ;) stay tuned!

I really feel quite conflicted if I should start playing the beta or wait for the full release.

On the one hand, I'm very eager to revisit the pathfinder world as soon as possible. On the other hand, I really would like to experience it with the game as complete as possible.

I think I'll compromise by fiddling around with character-creation and starting up a new game or two but remain in whatever "opening area" the game presents. ;)

Anyone who played the alpha can comment on the crusade management part of the game (if you are allowed)?. I read that you also have tactical battles like in Heroes of Might and Magic.
I personally enjoyed the kingdom management part of PF:KM. Kind of reminded me of managing Crossroad Keep in Neverwinter Nights 2.

I personally enjoyed the kingdom management part of PF:KM. Kind of reminded me of managing Crossroad Keep in Neverwinter Nights 2.

Funny how this is exactly what I disliked about the first game. Boring, disrupting, meaningless. I really wish they had put more energy in adding more quests, more random encounters, etc instead of doing a half-assed kingdom simulator.

Anyone who played the alpha can comment on the crusade management part of the game (if you are allowed)?. I read that you also have tactical battles like in Heroes of Might and Magic.

I can't comment on it in detail (since beta iteration of army management may have changed since alpha and NDS etc) but to answer your question, yes and no. Army management includes army battle which is indeed similar to HoMM. But there are other components to army management and there are still some parts that are similar to Kingdom management. That's all I can say for now :)

Back
Top Bottom