Mass Effect - Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Launch: May 14

Mildly interested as I own the originals and all DLC already. :thinking:

Basically don't know if it's worth buying again just for graphic upgrades.

Mildly interested as I own the originals and all DLC already. :thinking:

Basically don't know if it's worth buying again just for graphic upgrades.

Are there any other changes ?
Do you know if the 3 games have essentially been put together or they're still 3 separate games ?

Are there any other changes ?
Do you know if the 3 games have essentially been put together or they're still 3 separate games ?

From the press release:
"The remaster package will benefit from AI upscaled textures, improvements to shaders and video effects, updated lighting, and improved dynamic shadows, volumetrics, and depth of field, along with a buttery smooth 60 fps on PC and consoles. Pre-rendered cinematics have also been enhanced to make every story moment feel even more impactful. The PS5 and Series X|S will feature improved load times and the PC version will support high refresh rates and 21:9 aspect ratio out of the box.

The original Mass Effect game features comprehensive world-building enhancements with added detail and depth to locations like Eden Prime, Ilos, and Feros that players will explore in their journey across the galaxy. Mass Effect also includes updated interfaces and UI as well as a variety of quality of life improvements. In addition, combat and exploration are modernized through improved aiming, squad controls and behavior, Mako handling and cameras.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition features unified character creation options that persists across all three titles and is complete with an improved and expanded selection of hair, makeup and skin tone options. The iconic Female Shepard default appearance from Mass Effect 3 is now available as the default female Shepard appearance in character creation in all three games, further adding to the unified experience across the trilogy."

There's also stuff like rebalanced XP for lvl 60 cap, more consistent auto save points, cover pass, improved AI and boss fights, removal of class-based weapon restrictions, removal of class-based aim penalties, unified control scheme between the games, reduced difficulty/frequency of mini games etc.

Last edited:
See basically engine and graphic updates that all. Really cant understand why so many are excited over this. Anyway I might buy it on a very cheap sale next year.

Is there any info on limited installations ? Download only ? System requirements ?

Is there any info on limited installations ? Download only ? System requirements ?
Digital only on the PC and of couse both digital and physical on consoles.

No idea about limited installations or what type of DRM it will use. Though the usual will apply depending on what storefront you buy from. Looks like you have to activate it.

Something about EA on-line activation.

Edit: System Requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): FX-8350 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Core i5 3570 or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon 7970 / R9280X or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GTX 760 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Hard-drive space: 120 GB

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 7 3700X or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): Core i7-7700 or Equivalent
Memory: 16 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon Vega 56 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GTX 1070 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Hard-drive space: 120 GB

Last edited:
They also release this trailer. Or was it already included?

They mention in the trailer that it has Mass Effect 1/3/4 and 40 DLCs. Is anyone counting? Are they all included? Any idea? I hope so.

Anyway, if they deliver on all that they're saying, I'll be happy. Finally have a reason to play through it all. I never finished Mass Effect 1, since I didn't like some of the story beats. (stuff that you usually see in all recent Bioware games: like stroking the player's ego with cheap stuff). But I'll make an effort to get over that since I keep hearing people praise Mass Effect 2. So I'm kind of excited.

Also, I hope they're selling it on Steam day one with the Origin version.

I'll pass this one. The only one I didn't play was Andromeda.

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/overview
INCLUDED CONTENT

Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes single-player base content for all three titles (Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3), your favorite story DLC, promo weapons, armors, and packs:

DLC:

Bring Down the Sky
Genesis
Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
Kasumi – Stolen Memory
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Firewalker Pack
Overlord
Normandy Crash Site
Arrival
Genesis 2
From Ashes
Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
Leviathan
Omega
Citadel
Equalizer Pack
Aegis Pack
Firepower Pack
Cerberus Weapons and Armor
Arc Projector
ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack 1
ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack 2
ME3 Alternate Appearance Pack 1
Firefight Pack
Groundside Resistance Pack
Recon Operations Pack
Collector's Weapon and Armor
Terminus Weapon and Armor
M-21 Incisor
Blood Dragon Armor
Inferno Armor
Recon Hood
Sentry Interface
Umbra Visor
N7 Warfare Gear
AT-12 Raider
Chakram Launcher
M-55 Argus
M-90 Indra
Reckoner Knight Armor
N7 Collector's Edition Pack

The preorder price asks me 60€.
As I have everything, not just games but DLC too, I don't think I'm gonna budge for just a few visuals.

But those who never played any of these games, this offer IMO should not be skipped.
Because you see... There is a sellpoint catch:
"Includes singleplayer content only".

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/overview

The preorder price asks me 60€.
As I have everything, not just games but DLC too, I don't think I'm gonna budge for just a few visuals.

But those who never played any of these games, this offer IMO should not be skipped.
Because you see… There is a sellpoint catch:
"Includes singleplayer content only".

Thanks for posting the DLC list. I'm too lazy to do a thorough check, but it looks like the main stuff is there. At least I remember the Shadowbroker and the From Ashes being among the main culprits usually left out? Am I remembering that correctly?

Not just those two.
Lemme quote my ancient post about ME games DLC in the past (mission type DLC are marked):
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061240422#post1061240422
First of all, I don't care for nor want horse armor DLC. If you love stuff like alternate appearance to give some fancy clothes to your pardie, feel free to buy it. Also have to add that ME1 gives Bring Down the Sky for free and Pinnacle Station is not moneylaundry scheme but you can buy it with legit currency, so we're left with ME2 and ME3.

Assuming most of us want only missions DLC for ME2 and ME3 on PC (there are free or bundled DLC on consoles) and want to buy enough Bioware points for only mission DLC, the list is as appearing in Origin:

ME2:
Genesis - interactive comic book to make ME1 choices - they charge 320 BP for that crap?
Arrival - an assignment - 560 BP
Alternate appearance pack 2 - Miranda's butt never looked fancier - 160 BP
Lair of the Shadow Broker - a mission - 800 BP
Firepower pack - OP weapons - 160 BP
Aegis pack - OP aniper and 5 armor parts - 160 BP
Overlord pack - 4 assignments - 560 BP
Equalizer pack - OP armor set - 160 BP
Kasumi - 2 missions and a squadmate - 560 BP
Alternate appearance pack 1 - Garus' different looking butt, puhlease - 160 BP

ME3:
Alternate appearance pack 1 - :rolleyes: - 160 BP
Genesis 2 - make ME2 choices like you didn't play it ever - 320 BP
Leviathan - 10 missions of probably cut out content from the game - 800 BP
Citadel - 17 missions - 1200 BP
Groundside resistance pack - OP weapons - 160 BP
Omega - 5 missions - 1200 BP
Fireflight pack - OP weapons - 160 BP
From Ashes - essential and probably cut out mission/squadmate - 800 BP

Since I haven't played ME 3 and some of the DLC I am tempted for the first time to install Origin. But then again, I hate EA so I might not.

I'll be skipping it. The first game in the series was the only one I liked.

In the second title I began suspecting that the developers possessed malicious mindreaders and had gone through my wishlist for the sequel, only to do the absolute opposite for every-single-point on the list. The third game was just dissapointing all around, long before I even reached the "infamous" ending.

So this series was essentialy my long "Bioware Love Affair" terminated with extreme prejudice. :biggrin:

Since there are only two Mass Effect games, I'll be gleefully ignoring these shenanigans. That third one.....I still have the nightmares about how sucky it was before I demanded a refund!!

I remember the trailer for ME 2 being particularly good.

I remember thinking: "Alrighty, then. Let's have some of that." It's not often I see a trailer these days that grabs me that way.

I played through ME3 recently and I don't get all the hatred for it.

Yeah, I enjoyed a lot of it. I do the get the criticism of the deus ex machina green/blue/red ending, rather than something than something more related to your actions throughout the saga. I also see the contempt for having a separate mobile game, which was the only way to get a boost to your troop strength, to get the "best" endings.

Back
Top Bottom