Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Community Quest and Combat Trailers

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Owlcat has launched two new trailers for Pathfinder: Mark of the Righteous, to mark it going into beta.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous First Beta Available Now

Owlcat Games Launches Interactive "Choose Your Own Story" Community Quest and Reveals New Combat Gameplay Trailer

Moscow, Russia, February 3, 2021 - Owlcat Games has announced that the first beta for its classic isometric CRPG, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, is now available to backers who contributed to the title's Kickstarter or Slacker Backer campaigns in the relevant tiers. Fans are able to play the first four chapters of the game - over 50 hours of beta quality content - and broadcast their experiences on Twitch and YouTube.

In celebration of the beta's launch, the studio has unveiled details on an interactive "Choose Your Own Story" Community Quest and released the opening animated video. The quest events are to be determined entirely by the community and set to begin on Twitch this Friday, February 5, at 2 PM CET / 5 AM PST.

Discover the journey that awaits Wrath of the Righteous' community below:

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Community Quest

Owlcat also revealed a trailer showcasing the title's relentless combat and shared that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous may now be added to one's wishlist on Steam.

Admire the chaos and heroism that awaits with today's Combat Gameplay Video below:

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Combat Gameplay Trailer

Today's beta allows fans to play through the game's prologue and first three chapters with all quests, all companion storylines, and some romantic options available. At this time, the fourth chapter is incomplete as side quests are missing and some draft assets are still in place. The beta includes two combat modes to try: real-time with pause and turn-based (as it is in Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition).

The first three chapters may be streamed on Twitch and YouTube. Fans may play through chapter 4, but will be prompted with a message alerting them not to stream before their experience begins.

Players can also play through the Mythic progression system and choose one of six Mythic Paths (nine will be featured in the final game): Angel, Azata, Lich, Demon, Aeon, and Trickster. Each path impacts the title's main narrative in a unique way, though major developments will occur in later chapters. Mythic abilities like devastating spells and powerful buffs may be experimented with however fans wish. Players will be able to navigate through all the content with an up-to-date, redesigned UI.
aa526535-00f5-4957-a4c5-0e72a20eedec.jpg

Notable Kickstarter stretch goal features available in this beta include a new "thiefling" companion named Woljif Jefto, a new progression system for player's pets, three new classes (Warpriest, Hunter, and Skald), a new race (the Oreads), one of two additional romance interests (Camelia), and a social goal granting new backgrounds for player characters based on Pathfinder Second Edition.

Wrath of the Righteous' second beta - set to arrive this spring - will comprise more content, including features promised to Kickstarter backers. Keep an eye on the title's official website and Kickstarter page for updates.

Owlcat Games' community-driven "Choose Your Own Story" Quest, launching on Twitch this Friday, February 5, at 2 PM CET / 5 AM PST, will task fans with collectively making decisions during five critical events. Set during the Crusade, players will have to come together and choose between two options to determine the protagonist's moral alignment and the story's cinematic conclusion.
d9962849-09d2-45fa-9dce-ecdae368f09d.jpg

Stream viewers may vote by clicking buttons on screen (via Twitch Extension) and moving their virtual Paladin and Lich avatars, which represent the inner demons residing within the heart of the protagonist. Will the story's hero break the staff of the Necromant or use it to fulfill their selfish desires? The ultimate decision depends on which avatar crosses the finish line first. A website hub will launch soon detailing the upcoming events and the community's progress. More information regarding this interactive community experience may be found here.
96cc4eb0-4824-4136-a2c0-f82cdceac9b4.jpg

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will launch on PC Windows and Mac via Steam and GOG this summer. A second beta is set to arrive this Spring. Wishlist the game today on Steam. Fans may pre-order the title at owlcatgames.com.
More information.

I know I'm in the minority here but I wasn't fond of the first game... still, I'll be curious to see what some Watchers think of this beta.

Well to all those saying the game wont release this year from the press release.:p
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will launch on PC Windows and Mac via Steam and GOG this summer

Good. At least 1 game in our top 3 of most anticipated games actually gets released :)

I haven't had a chance to play yet (damn work!), only got to play around with character creation but from what I hear from discord - really fun ideas but beta is more buggy than alpha.

Also, beta has only 4 chapters so Owlcats got still 2 more chapters to work on. At this point I'm hoping they will delay the release from 30 June - still think it will be out this year though.

I haven't had a chance to play yet (damn work!), only got to play around with character creation but from what I hear from discord - really fun ideas but beta is more buggy than alpha.

Also, beta has only 4 chapters so Owlcats got still 2 more chapters to work on. At this point I'm hoping they will delay the release from 30 June - still think it will be out this year though.
At this point it will probably come down to money. It always does.

I just hope it's not a bug-fest again.:fingerscrossed:

Good. At least 1 game in our top 3 of most anticipated games actually gets released :)
The top games used to always release the same year. It wasn't until Early Access where you can never tell when a game will be content complete and released anymore.

Last edited:
Ok a warning - don't read RPGCodex WotR thread unless you guys don't mind being spoiled of super secretive thing. I'm super annoyed because I found out something big about one of the companions before I even got that far >:O

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Gameplay

All Races in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (Beta)

I just hope it's not a bug-fest again.:fingerscrossed:
I already forgot the details, so anyone with a better memory could help out.
Weren't most of the bugs related to the engine (which is reused for this one)?

Ok a warning - don't read RPGCodex WotR thread unless you guys don't mind being spoiled of super secretive thing. I'm super annoyed because I found out something big about one of the companions before I even got that far >:O
That's unfortunate. :(
One of the reasons why I don't read too much about games that I care about and that I'm going to play anyway.

I have been trying to get the beta but their website has been down most of the day. I joined their discord channel and looks like will have to wait some more.

I got through most of chapter three in the EA before the keys got yanked on the alpha. So waiting now to try the beta version.

I have been trying to get the beta but their website has been down most of the day. I joined their discord channel and looks like will have to wait some more.

I got through most of chapter three in the EA before the keys got yanked on the alpha. So waiting now to try the beta version.

I saw your message on discord - will let you know when I hear the website is back online. Community managers are a bit swamped with similar request/questions at the moment.

That's what you get for being at the Codex. It's like going to a brothel and not expecting to get an STD. ;)

Website is back up :)

It's still impossible to post in the forums though :(

I watched a bit of the Community Quest, but it was long and I had to leave after a while. It was a lot of fun though, with dev talks and giveaways. The people at Owlcat always spend time and energy to have fun with their fans and share the development too, it's nice :)

Here is the link to the video on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/901839607

They said again there would be a second beta build in Spring, if I understand correctly it's different than the regular beta updates because it will add more content and features. They also said they wouldn't block the access to the beta at the end, and people will still be able to play it while waiting for the final release.

Website is back up :)

Thanks! I went and got the key for steam and activated and installed. Although it installed so quick … and says "TEST" that I am not sure I have the beta or not, i.e. "Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Test" … I expected it to say Beta not Test. Test make it seem like a small demo to see if it will run or not on someone's machine.

I did start it up though. The "Continue" button was active which was a surprise since I had removed the alpha version. I tried it which caused an error and a bug report I sent in.

I clicked on new and it brought me to the usual interface. I had to stop there though as I had to take the dogs out. I will try more later.

Thanks! I went and got the key for steam and activated and installed. Although it installed so quick … and says "TEST" that I am not sure I have the beta or not, i.e. "Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Test" … I expected it to say Beta not Test. Test make it seem like a small demo to see if it will run or not on someone's machine.
It's the name of the beta, but yes, it's a strange choice of name. Wasn't this ending by "alpha" for the alpha version?

I did start it up though. The "Continue" button was active which was a surprise since I had removed the alpha version. I tried it which caused an error and a bug report I sent in.
That's normal, they advise to delete all saved games of the alpha to avoid those problems. You can delete them directly from the saved games directory if you have many of them and if you know your way around files (or you can back them up first if you would still like to play the alpha):

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Saved Games\*.zks

Edit: Redglyph already answered your question haha.

Not sure if you got the right version though - can you let me know? :) Should be 0.5.0q (I will have to confirm)

Back
Top Bottom