Legend of Keepers - Interview @ TBL

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers asked the devs of Legend of Keepers 10 questions:

10 Turns Interview with Legend of Keepers Developers

All around me is so dark that I can barely see the narrow dungeon walls corroded by moisture. I can hear the sound of my heart beating like a hammer against a coffin.
They are here now, somewhere in the labyrinthine corridors of this damned place and they are looking for blood, and death, my death. I don't know what compels them to roam relentlessly through the tentacles of this cave, but I know what is my duty.
Even if I'm weaker, even if I'm terrorized, I have to fight them till the end...
Finally over there I can see a glimmer, the faint semblance of a light. Not far from me, someone is coming. Even if his appearance nearly paralyze me, I must sneak towards him trying to overcome my fears. As I approach, I can distinguish better his figure, he is tall and muscular, with his arms gripped around a huge lethal weapon. His eyes are bloodthirsty and full of primordial anger, barely visible through cascades of yellow "threads"!
How horrible...
The only way for me to keep my mental sanity is remembering that HE is the attacker and that I'm just defending myself. With that thought in mind, I raise my sword and shout:
"You won't win fuck**ng bastard! You will die, damned... HERO!"

What follows is the result of a funny little chat I had with the talented guys of Goblinz Studio about their upcoming Legend of Keepers. Thanks to them for their availability, kindness and courtesy.

1st Turn) In LofK we play, for once, not as the good old Chosen One, but as the chief of a bunch of monsters. In other words, this time we are the "Dungeon Lord" (more or less) and we must protect the treasure from attacks by heroes and warriors willing to steal it at all costs. So the first question for you is: do you really think players will like to be the bad guys, for once?

Who doesn't? That's an old classic, it's not that new. Playing as a bad guy is what you do in most Rockstar games, half of the time in moral-based choice games, a lot of RPGs, and of course Dungeon Keepers. And in a lot of games, the so-called hero would only be a fanatic war criminal, anyway. The main aspect of LoK is that we don't pretend to play the good guys while slaughtering people. That's what heroes do. Also, they probably shouldn't try to attack our dungeon in the first place? Who's the bad guy, now?

[...]
More information.

Back
Top Bottom