General News - 15 New Open World Games @ GamingBolt

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GamingBolt talks about 15 upcoming open world games:

15 NEW Open World Games To Look Forward To [Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC, Switch, PS5]

The popularity of open world games is at an all-time high, and as developers look to leverage more powerful console hardware to craft even larger and more immersive game worlds, that popularity is going to keep going even higher.

In 2021, for instance, there's no shortage of major, exciting looking open world games coming out, and here, that's exactly what we're going to talk about, as we take a look at a few of the most interesting open world titles due out in 2021.
More information.

Well Mr impatient here you go.

1. 0:48 Horizon Forbidden West
  2. 1:23 Arkham Knights
  3. 2:00 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  4. 2:29 Little Devil Inside
  5. 3:03 New World
  6. 3:50 Monster Hunter Rise
  7. 4:25 Hazel Sky
  8. 4:59 Atomic Heart
  9. 5:33 Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
  10. 6:18 Everspace 2
  11. 6:57 Sons of the Forest
  12. 7:30 Halo Infinite
  13. 8:14 Hello Neighbour 2
  14. 8:49 Biomutant
  15. 9:18 Far Cry 6
Enjoy.:biggrin:

Horizon Forbidden West is easily my #1 out of that list. I'm also interested in STALKER 2, Atomic Heart, and Biomutant.

Surprised to see Halo Infinite on there. I didn't realize that's going to be open-world.

Some of those don't look open world. Sherlock Holmes, for example. Seems like maybe some are mistaking games where you can go from A to B to C or from A to C to B as being "open world".

Horizon Zero Dawn was a huge surprise hit for me, one of my favorite games of any type of all time. However, a big part of what made it great was the slowly learning about what had occurred in the past, and I'm worried that Horizon Forbidden West won't have that (since we already know now what happened in the past) which would leave us with hopefully a fun story but nothing to count on for me. Unfortunately, it won't be out for PC (at least for a couple of years, I'd think) so I won't be able to play it anyway, and if it does release eventually for PC I will have probably years of reviews to see how it is before I decide to buy it.

As for the other games on the list, Far Cry 5 was very good but Far Cry New Dawn was not fun for me at all. I rely a lot on good writing for a story and I think that maybe I'm done with purchasing new Far Cry games (famous last words).

Batman Arkham Knight from a few years ago is another one of my very favorite games of all time, so I have some hope for Arkham Knights which seems maybe okay but wait and see.

I don't know much of anything about the other games and game series on the list.

. . . also let's not forget Everwild, an absolutely beautiful game I'm absolutely hyped to play:

I have absolutely no idea what this game is about though. ;)

I might check Stalker 2 once it's released (and if my current PC supports it, I'm starting to be due for a change!). I really enjoyed the post-apoc open world setting of the first one.

Back
Top Bottom