S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Fan Remake Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a fan remake of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for which there are new screenshots.

Back in July 2020, we shared some screenshots from an upcoming fan remake of the first STALKER in Unreal Engine 4. And yesterday, Ivan_Sorce shared some brand new screenshots from it.

These latest screenshots showcase the first part of Cordon which appears to be a lot bigger than the original. The landscape uses 4K textures, tessellation, and an incredible amount of grass.

[...]

STALKER-fan-remake-in-Unreal-Engine-4-screenshots-16.jpg

STALKER-fan-remake-in-Unreal-Engine-4-screenshots-12.jpg
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This could be really cool if it actually gets completed. I'm not sure how I feel about them expanding on the levels though.

I wonder if he's going to use the same sounds and voiceovers if he's allowed to.

The original game wasn't bad-looking, and it was also a nice mix of well-crafted sceneries, atmosphere in the iconic Pripyat/Chernobyl setting, good AI and sim-like RPG. A remake with the right balance and with the same quality will not be an easy task.

What seems off is how they tackle the elephant in the room, basically crossing fingers and hoping the original publisher won't demand them to stop. It doesn't look as if they tried to contact them and discuss the issue, now the 5 of them are working on that without knowing what will happen next… At least that's what I understand from their blog.

Back
Top Bottom