Urban Strife - March Dev Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here's the March dev update for Urban Strife:

Urban Strife - March 2021 Dev Update

Shelter Economy, Reputation Checks, Faction Gear, Female Avatar & Save/Load System
Reputation checks and faction affinity in RPG

The RPG layer got an update with a new set of checks: faction checkpoints that allow you to pass through only if you accumulate enough reputation and a faction affinity check during dialogues that opens shortcuts and interesting avenues if you bring along the right team mate.

Shared inventory for quest items and crafting
Inventory management was made a bit easier when it comes to delivering quest items - no need to browse through everyone's backpack anymore. If a party member has the needed object, you can deliver it and finish your quest. The same shared inventory system will be applied when backpack crafting, but only if the player specifically allows crafting to use the shared inventories. This way you won't need to explain to Billy Bo why his favorite whiskey is now a Molotov cocktail.
And since we never mentioned this - yes, we do have a shared base storage for stashing all those precious looted candy wrappers and second hand syringes. Rejoice!

Special weak point for zombies
We have promised body parts damage that makes a difference and the first step in this direction is a classic - hitting zombies anywhere but the head will only result in minimal damage, while headshots will usually put them down in one turn. This makes even the vanilla zombies a bit of a challenge (and a waste of ammo if you didn't get the memo and start spraying from a distance).

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

Curious to see this one!

They made an interesting choice, they're based in Romania but the game takes place in the US. I couldn't find more information on their past, except what they wrote on their website, so I don't know whether they actually lived there or not.

I'm wondering how their interpretation of the US, including people's behaviour, idioms and so on, will be perceived by US players if the devs haven't actually lived there but have taken that in from movies, documentaries, etc. Granted, it's post-apocalyptic so the world will have changed a bit... perhaps all it takes is watching The Walking Dead ;)

Well one can never get enough zombie RPGs with base building.:cool:

At least it looks better then Dead State.

If i only new what they mean by remake?! Just a use of the setting to make a new game? that could be cool... if it's classic remake well i don't know if i care for that...

Well one can never get enough zombie RPGs with base building.:cool:

At least it looks better then Dead State.
Yep, zombies are not yet out of fashion :)

If i only new what they mean by remake?! Just a use of the setting to make a new game? that could be cool… if it's classic remake well i don't know if i care for that…
I must have missed that, where did they mention it's a remake?

Colour me interested for this one, I hope it is more fun than Dead State.

As for the setting in the US by non US developers it's as simple as the US is the target market and said target market is less likely to buy something not in a US setting. Commonly see this with Canadian authors too.

Shelter.. Reputation... Faction Gear.. Female Avatar... female nude scenes.. boob physics.. Apoc-hamburgers... Zombie-crackers... Whatever! Just give me the game already!

Already had this on wish list. Looks promising but I've said that more times than I can count.

Back
Top Bottom