Alien: Hope for the Future - Gameplay Footage

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on gameplay video for Alien: Hope for the Future which is a fan game which will be released for free.

Alien: Hope for the future is an Immersive sim project with elements of survival-horror and tactics. This isn't a commercial game, meaning that it will be distributed for free to everyone once it's complete.

The story of the game takes place in "Hadly's Hope" colony , before and during the xenomorph incident. Therefore, players will assume the role of one of the colonists. Players will have to survive by finding some supplies for them and other colonists. Players will also be able to avoid or fight xenomorphs.

[...]

More information.

Well it's free but yep wait till the mouse gets wind of this game. Yes people will complain again but the point is to protect your IP from being used by someone else.

If it's ever released better download quickly before the lawyers find out; Aliens belong to Disney now!

They are too busy to cancel or erase Gina Carano everywhere now. :)

Sadly I can hardly imagine they wont do it anyway. But maybe devs are so unknown that they wont care and finish it anyway, just without further updates.

They are too busy to cancel or erase Gina Carano everywhere now. :)
Ugh, sabotaging their own amazing show to please Twitter :'(

Doing a cheeky fan game using a known i.p. would be a great way to cause some drama and maybe score a job in the industry depending on how good it is. They just need to keep quiet during development and surprise release the finished product.

I think if I were going to do a free fan game using a property in a way that might result in Imperial entanglements, I'd set up the project on a hidden TOR server, and release it on IPFS or suchlike. No takedowns, and nowhere to send legal letters. If I ever wanted to quietly prove my involvement for some reason, it would be easy to demonstrate my ownership of the identity responsible.

Back
Top Bottom