Opinion - 5 Developers That Should Tackle KotOR

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
WellPlayed offer their opinion of the developers that should be creating a new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Creative Assembly

Alien-Isolation-Sevastapol-Image.jpg

Now let me get this out of the way, I'm not saying that I want a new Knights of the Old Republic game to be a sweat-producing, nightmare-inducing, underwear-ruining horror experience akin to Creative Assembly's amazingly scary Alien Isolation, but...

Star Wars isn't exactly known for being frightening, but with world-eating, disembodied Sith like Darth Nihilous, zombie-like Geonosians reanimated by Brain Worms and the scene where Anakin describes his hatred for sand, we've seen some scares in the galaxy far, far away. Just imagine a horror adjacent quest line where your character explores the darker side of the force, making their way through an ancient Sith temple that's haunted by the spirits of fallen lords. On its own this isn't a good enough reason to hand the keys to Creative Assembly, I know, but just imagine what they could do some creative freedom in this space, the thought alone has ignited my lightsaber.

I went off on quite the tangent there, as horror isn't the reason I even chose Creative Assembly, it has far more to do with their world-building prowess. Just have a look around the space station that Isolation is set in. Everything in that game looks like it could have been direct scans from unused sets and props from the films they are that authentic. You truly feel as though you're looking into the future through a 70s filter. I know that Star Wars and Alien are far from the same, but I just want to see the environments and tone that CE could bring to the table.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Is it just me or this list doesn't make any sense? His criteria are completely superficial, if I had to guess, I'd say he based this article on a few screenshots he saw.

Kojima would be an interesting developer for a Star Wars game. I can only imagine how weird it would get if he was given leeway.

I think I'd put the makers of Horizon Zero Dawn on the list.

But that would only be the graphical side.

Regarding mechanics, I'd rather put a different studio on the list.

... And it's funny that almost everyone nowadays looks at the sheer graphics quality, not at what a game has inside ...

Sorry but none of them have the experience to make RPGs. Sure they can all craft open world games, but at the end of the day it was announced it's an unknown developer.

Probably one of those new studios founded by ex-BioWare employees.

Sorry but none of them have the experience to make RPGs. Sure they can all craft open world games, but at the end of the day it was announced it's an unknown developer.

Probably one of those new studios founded by ex-BioWare employees.
Right, he doesn't even mention Aspyr. He's probably just musing over who would make a good atmospheric environment, we shouldn't take this list for more than that.

In terms of HD remakes, it might be considered low-hanging fruit. The game system and rules are still pretty playable, and if they add more content and reduce the monotony of some early sections, it could sell decently well.

Back
Top Bottom