General News - Amazing Magic Gameplay @ C4G

Can't agree or disagree. I personally prefer one click to use spells that do what the description of the spell says they do without relying on how fast or dexterous I am with my keyboard and mouse. :D

Me as well not a fan of mini-games every time you cast spell.:nod:

Dragon's Dogma spells weren't terribly impressive from a pure gameplay standpoint but, like he said, the presentation was incredible!

Not mentioned: Sacrifice, which had even more impressive spells than Dragon's Dogma for the time it was released. But it's way more of a real-time strategy game than an RPG.

There are a few interesting variations on magic. A bit shallow though.

He missed another dimension which is the tactics behind rulesets like D&D and its derivative, Pathfinder: preparation / reduced set of spontaneously cast spells, reservoir, concentration, types of spells...

And on the other hand I don't see why he mentions D:OS2 for its AoE, it has nothing to do with magic. I would even argue that people like D:OS2 despite those AoE, rarely thanks to them!

Everytime I see Arx fatalis I get a Heart ache, best game to never have a sequel.
Lost so many hours finding every secret, crane and nook...It was a game that i would buy again if it was remastered.

Everytime I see Arx fatalis I get a Heart ache, best game to never have a sequel.
Lost so many hours finding every secret, crane and nook…It was a game that i would buy again if it was remastered.

Do you know about the Arx Insanity mod? It's basiclly a remaster of Arx. It's not finished yet, but there's a demo.

https://arxinsanity.weebly.com/

I found its way to "cast" magic at least very creative. I love it when people think out of the box.

Thamks JDR, I will follow their work. I dont have time to play demo´s, but i will shurely play the final version :)

Back
Top Bottom