General News - 5 upcoming RPGs @ C4G

I'm surprised he's got Dark Alliance on that list. I think most RPG fans are probably aware of that one by now.

Exodus Rising looks like it has potential.

We Are Legion: Rome and Exodus Rising both seem promising.

Last edited:
One game looks intriguing to me. But most of them - nope

#1 = Rome is interesting historical period to be sure, but no magic, and that means no interest from me.

#2 = don't like too cartoony games.

#3 = no, I don't want co-op action rpg. Co-op games are a big thumbs down from me. Especially if approved and made by Wizards of the Coast. (horrible political agenda driven company)

#4 = Too cartoony and child-like ambiance.

#5 = Ok, this game does look good, gotta admit. And I don't mind the cartoony characters because of the camera angle of the game as shown in the video, it looks like you will hardly notice it most of the time. The world looks gorgeous and realistic enough. And also the rich fantasy atmosphere and lighting effects and it looks like they know how to make dark places, that is really cool.

The only thing I can say bad for now is I hope they have an option to turn off those silly, stupidly distracting floating numbers in combat. Other than that small annoyance, I agree, it looks promising.

#5 = Ok, this game does look good, gotta admit. And I don't mind the cartoony characters because of the camera angle of the game as shown in the video, it looks like you will hardly notice it most of the time. The world looks gorgeous and realistic enough. And also the rich fantasy atmosphere and lighting effects and it looks like they know how to make dark places, that is really cool.

The only thing I can say bad for now is I hope they have an option to turn off those silly, stupidly distracting floating numbers in combat. Other than that small annoyance, I agree, it looks promising.

Funny, I didn't even notice the damage numbers until you said something. It looks like health bars can be toggled off so maybe those can be too. They don't really bother me tbh. I actually find the cartoony faces more annoying.

Funny, I didn't even notice the damage numbers until you said something. It looks like health bars can be toggled off so maybe those can be too. They don't really bother me tbh. I actually find the cartoony faces more annoying.

Yup, one of my pet peeves in recent games is those floating damage numbers. Yuck. I hate them, for me it takes me out of the atmosphere of the game immediately.

I was admiring the game's fantasy atmosphere in the video and the design of the world, and then all of a sudden those damn floating numbers came up in the combat, and it yanked me out of my reverie. :lol:

Oh man, how I loathed those floating digits. I remember the first time I saw them, I think it was during the Everquest beta period, and I could not find the way to disable those fast enough. I detest spammage.

I've been following We Are Legion: Rome. You are a solider who rises up the ranks. Looks to include family politics and other aspects of your average roman citizen.

Heh, it's funny. I actually like and always enable floating damage text when possible.

In any RPG worth their salt, different attacks will have different efficiency due to resistances/protections/equipment/buffs/etc and I don't think I could live without having the instant visualisation of how effective each of my attacks is being against any particular creature without having to dig through combat logs, if there are any at all, which usually is not even the case.

I understand the appeal of disabling healthbars/combat text and going yolo trying to kill a troll boss with a spear while maybe it is 90% resistant to piercing, while you have no idea because you're getting no feedback at all on how well you are doing, but that's simply not for me.

Exodus Rising looks the most interesting to me. Couple things, though. I see I'm not the only one who detests the spewing of combat damage numbers; pure idiocy IMO. I'm also not a fan at all of the cartoony art style. It makes me think the game was designed for 10-year-olds.
One last thing. For crying out loud, please slow down the weapon wielding animations. The light speed swings look stupid, especially with a weapon that's bigger and looks heavier than the character swinging it. I know, I know, it's just a game and not real life. It just breaks any semblance of immersion for me and reminds me of Saturday morning cartoons.

Back
Top Bottom