HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Matt Chat 466 covers a Steam bundle of four Old School Fantasy RPGs:

Matt Chat 466: Old School Fantasy INDIE RPGs

Balrum
An open world RPG filled with side-quests, Balrum not only offers excellent core RPG mechanics, but also impressive side-systems like crafting, building, and survival mechanics.

Heroes of Steel
A turn-based RPG with deep, tactical combat, in Heroes of Steel you choose a party of four and embark on a journey through the immense post-apocalyptic world of Steel.

Exiled Kingdoms
This isometric action RPG offers a challenging environment to explore, choices with consequences, and a simple but versatile rulesystem enabling endless ways to develop your character.

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
Repping the original first-person gameplay, this tile-based dungeon crawler takes you into maps filled with secrets, monsters, puzzles, and treasure.
More information.

How about that, someone actually covering four games that I've played, backwards and forwards, some already more than once even though they're all rather new. He's picked four good ones here folks, you cannot go wrong with a single one. Probably my least favourite here is Balrum, yet I say that only because I eschew most crafting systems. Skip that part and the rest of the game is pretty sound.

I played and finished the android version of the Exiled Kingdom and thought it was a pretty good cellphone game. I wasn't even aware it had a PC version.

I played some of The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians and it's pretty good. It looks a lot like Legend of Grimrock, but it has RTwP-like combat mechanics. It's also tough as nails.

Yeah I really enjoyed Fall of the Dungeon Guardians. It has a little dash of good fantasy online game tactics as well, just to make things really interesting at times.

I played heroes of steel few years ago on my smartphone and was really good experience.
Other 3 look interesting.

Balrum was made by my compatriots. I gave them lots of publicity, until 2014, when our (best in the country) gaming news site [run by us The Trinity :)] finally died after 14 years of reporting.

The Bundle that Matt mentions at the very beginning, which has these 4 games in it, is currently on sale on Steam for $19.18 USD. That's $5 per game!

Lue.

Heroes of Steel is a damn fine game, lots of content to enjoy for not very much moola. And as Luethar said, that bundle sounds pretty dirt cheap, considering the weeks of solid entertainment you'll see from it!

Back
Top Bottom