Expeditions: Rome - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Expeditions: Rome is the newest game from Logic Artists and has a planned release for 2021.

The future of Rome is in your hands: What will your legacy be? Expeditions: Rome is coming to PC later this year.

In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.

Expeditions: Rome is developed by Logic Artists, from Copenhagen, Denmark, who were also responsible for the critically acclaimed Expeditions: Conquistador and Expeditions: Viking. But as we all know: all roads lead to Rome.
More information.

I enjoyed both game, yet I think Conquistador was more entertaining for me. I'll be checking out Rome at some time, as these folks have a proven track record for goodness as far as games go, in my book!

Count me as another who disliked Conquistador but loved Vikings. Anyhow not really new news as a few years back it was hinted the next game would be set in Rome.

Though it was put on hold for that TB Divinity that was canceled by Logic Artists /Larian.

This is really nice to read, I'll be sure to pick this one up at some point.

I enjoyed Conquistador but (to my embarrasment) I had forgotten about Vikings. I just remember that I had traveled somewhere and was faced with some sort of choice about....a monastery...maybe? I couldn't decide what to do at the time and then some other tempting game was released and I never returned to Vikings. :embarrassed:

I'll have to install it on my current computer and see if I can pick up the gameplay where I left it.;)

Oh yeah! Great news! I loved Vikings!
Have to replay it at some point, now that the bugs are mostly squished.

Maybe they can finally do away with that "You start - you win, enemy starts - you lose" initiative system…

Or at least take countermeasures that make sure victory or death is not over 50% decided by who goes first.

I think the original Expeditions game is pretty neat. The unique setting alone makes it worth checking out imo. I didn't pay much attention to Vikings. I'm not a big fan of that theme, and it's been done to death.

Rome wouldn't have been my first choice for the next setting, but I expect it'll be fairly popular.

I didn't know about Conquistador until now. I couldn't get into Vikings, despite being something I would usually love to play. Will keep an eye on Rome, and maybe give a shot to the previous ones to see what was that I missed, if anything.

I actually backed the original Conquistadors when it was on Kickstarter and really enjoyed it. While the setting was more unique than Vikings I did think that game had improvements to its system. I think Rome looks really good and I'll probably be purchasing it when it's available.

Same with me, Gabriel, I kicked in for the original project and loved it to tears. It's really that good, folks. If you've not played it and the genre is in any way appealing, give it a shot. And yes, I expect the Rome game will also be good.

Loved Conquistador. Vikings not so much. While it had more Roleplaying systems in it, most of these didnt work out well (item collecting on the map was boring, balancing was quite bad). Was still an ok game.
I am not very interested into the Roman setting, but will likely play it anyways as I just like the type of games Logic Artists make.

Rome wouldn't have been my first choice for the next setting, but I expect it'll be fairly popular.
The Rome setting makes it plausible to have multiple styles of environments. In the trailer we saw mountains/woods and desert. At the steam page it's said that there will be North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome.
So we might get more optical variety in this game than in its predecessors. I hope they don't overdo it tough. They're still a small studio after all and multiple styles require quite a lot more more assets, textures, soundtracks etc.

Apart from that the setting is imho is quite interesting and has not been done often.
It of course lacks the magic though. Why not at least have some gaulish village that is invincible due to having a magic potion granting them super strength? ;)

I think the Roman setting could be fantastic. You can have Northumbria all the way down to Africa. Plus, the weapons and armor of that time are some of the best throughout history.

As I suspected, Kordanor and I most certainly park our horses in the same stable! Conquistadors is much deeper than you might initially think, give it a try and see what you think for yourselves.

Apart from that the setting is imho is quite interesting and has not been done often.
It of course lacks the magic though. Why not at least have some gaulish village that is invincible due to having a magic potion granting them super strength? ;)

I think it's been done often enough. Perhaps not as much as ancient Greece, but it still feels overly familiar to me for some reason.

I don't see these guys adding fantasy elements anytime soon. They seem to like the historial aspect which is cool for people who want that I guess.

Back
Top Bottom