General News - 10 Games for Fallout Fans

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Caedo Genesis listed ten games for Fallout fans:

10 GAMES FOR FALLOUT FANS (That Aren't Fallout) - Caedo's Countdowns

Games listed: Paradise Lost, Atom RPG, Bastion, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, Far Cry: New Dawn, Metro 2033 Redux, Endzone: A World Apart, Wasteland 3, Death Stranding, and Mad Max.
More information.

thnx, didn''t know about Paradise Lost and endzone

I completely adore the advant text listing, thanks so much for that and the recommendations! There's several listed there that I've not even heard of, might have to delve into some in the future.

thnx, didn''t know about Paradise Lost and endzone

Me too. Maybe because they're the newest titles from the list (both got released last March).

Endzone: A World Apart is a Pardox published game that was playable last year in Early Access. It's another city building game though so not comparable to Fallout.

Paradise Lost was enjoyable but it's a puzzle adventure game. So really the only games for fallout fans are Atom RPG and Wasteland III. The others not so much.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think some of these inclusions are questionable at best. I agree that Endzone and Paradise lost are a stretch, and Bastion doesn't belong at all.

I can understand why he included games like STALKER and Metro 2033 though. He's obviously taking into account the newer Fallout games not just the old turn-based ones.

Yeah, I think some of these inclusions are questionable at best. I agree that Endzone and Paradise lost are a stretch, and Bastion doesn't belong at all.

I can understand why he included games like STALKER and Metro 2033 though. He's obviously taking into account the newer Fallout games not just the old turn-based ones.

Yeah, pretty much. Same for Far Cry, I would say. FPS with a pretty much "open world".

But for older Fallout, I would also add Underrail and the upcoming/EA Encased, to this list.

I think bastion and fc new dawn aren't bleak and depressing enough to be considered fallout like.

I think bastion and fc new dawn aren't bleak and depressing enough to be considered fallout like.

I don't think of any Fallout game as bleak. They're mostly goofy. Sure, there may be a cannibal warlord who eats babies, but he'll be played for laughs.

made me want to try out Atom RPG

Try it! The beginning is tough but once you understand how it works, it is a great game.

Hopefully, you will be just in time to play the follow-up, Trudograd.

Last edited:
made me want to try out Atom RPG
I second @vanedor;. The beginning of ATOM is slow and harsh, but you have to hang on. It has a lot of situations to discover, amusing side quests that are not just fetch quests (haven't seen much of those, if any), and in general many ways to solve them. I'd choose this one over Wasteland 3 without any hesitation.

This list is a bit incoherent (Bastion, really?) and mixes entirely different genres. Do players prefer to stick to a theme (post-apocalyptic, of all themes…) rather than a game genre? If I'm in dire need of a Star Wars CRPG, I doubt I'll rush to the local toy store and buy SW Legos to compensate, but who knows? :D

Agreed about Bastion. A cute game in it's own right, yet it has no place on a list for similar-to-Fallout games. As far as bleak or challenging, I'd have to admit that was much of the initial draw I felt for the original two Fallout games, just how harsh the overall world/environment was.

This list is a bit incoherent (Bastion, really?) and mixes entirely different genres. Do players prefer to stick to a theme (post-apocalyptic, of all themes…) rather than a game genre? If I'm in dire need of a Star Wars CRPG, I doubt I'll rush to the local toy store and buy SW Legos to compensate, but who knows? :D

I love a good post-apoc setting, but it has to be a genre I'd play anyway i.e. RPG, FPS, Survival-horror.

I prefer post-apoc set in a modern or futuristic world though. Fantasy post-apoc, like Bastion, usually lacks the gritty art style I want to see in the setting.

I love a good post-apoc setting, but it has to be a genre I'd play anyway i.e. RPG, FPS, Survival-horror.

I prefer post-apoc set in a modern or futuristic world though. Fantasy post-apoc, like Bastion, usually lacks the gritty art style I want to see in the setting.
I don't dislike the post-apoc theme, but the mood is in general gloomier, the environment more desolate, the resources hard to find. It's depressing after a while :p But it can be as interesting as another theme.

But for older Fallout, I would also add Underrail and the upcoming/EA Encased, to this list.
Yeah, me and the 600h I put in Underrail think one game is seriously missing...

That's a lotta love for Underrail right there! I put in some days/weeks meself, but nothing approaching that much, maybe around two hundred hours or slightly less.

Back
Top Bottom