ELEX 2 - Nearly finished?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In the fan question section of their current video Piranha Bytes' devs Jennifer & Bjorn Pankratz said that their "current game in development" (=ELEX 2) is already completely playable and they are fine tuning it. There's still a lot of work to do, but QA is already testing it and errors get eliminated all the time.

Sounds like the end-phase of development for me!

More information.

I would love to see an ELEX 2 myself. I liked the rather unique style of the first one, although wouldn't mind some upgraded graphic quality.

I enjoyed the first Elex. I hope this time around character progression stats will be more meaningful and better balanced over the course of the game.

Elex 2 the game everyone knows is in development but has no information available online. Seriously just a short announcement it's in development from 2018.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a bunch of things that could use upgrades. I remember a spot where you see something happening on a ramp at the main bad guy castle a few years ago and, if you look carefully, you can see a bit of loot. When you actually get to that location then, sure enough, that bit of loot was still sitting there.

Add me as another bloke that really enjoyed Elex. I didn't jump on it at launch, it took a few mates to get me onboard, yet I never regretted it. If this new game is half as fun as the first, we're all in for a treat!

Add me as another bloke that really enjoyed Elex. I didn't jump on it at launch, it took a few mates to get me onboard, yet I never regretted it. If this new game is half as fun as the first, we're all in for a treat!

Bloke huh...

I really enjoyed it too....never beat it though.

I liked some parts of Elex 1, I hope this time they put more work into the characters. Most of them were horribly written, and the rest was forgettable.

Awesome, I loved Elex. I've already played through as all three factions, however I may be tempted by another play through just before this one releases.

Daniel.

I would just hope that the factions offer a bit more variety next time and definitely better balancing.

Played through as a Berserker and an Outlaw and honestly, both chars played pretty much identical.
And so many things were just horrendously balanced or implemented, like the Outlaw drugs not being usable via inventory, some stats being almost entirely useless while others were pretty much must-haves, etc.

It was great fun, still, but I'd be disappointed if the most glaring issues wouldn't be fixed. Don't care if they upgrade the graphics or not, but I assume they would.

Instabuy for me...

Would even play it in early access, if possible.

My only complaint with Elex 1 was: All factions were disgusting. They missed the opportunity to choose your "base settlement" as a faction or, alternatively, play the game without joining a faction.

So I hope that this time either they have a sane faction (i.e. neither criminals like the Outlaws nor religious zealots like the other two factions) to choose or give the possibility to choose none...

So I hope that this time either they have a sane faction (i.e. neither criminals like the Outlaws nor religious zealots like the other two factions) to choose or give the possibility to choose none…
I don't like the faction system either. However it is so much in Piranha Byte's DNA that I doubt they'll remove it.

I don't like the faction system either. However it is so much in Piranha Byte's DNA that I doubt they'll remove it.
Probably true. I don't have a problem with a faction system as such. In all other PB games I found a faction I could somehow identify with...

Apart from this I regard Elex as one of their best games...

I think the most interesting way to do it, is to have some factions that are sympathetic, but in conflict. Then you have to decide which moral compromise you're going to make. That makes for good C&C, IMO.

Well, the issue is that by selecting a faction you also "select your class". If your favorite class and your favorite faction are in conflict, the player is forced to make a non-satisfying decision which imho decreases fun.
I also see the benefit of those tough decisions and the beauty of interweaving game world and mechanics but I think that all together the net value of this design is negative.

Back
Top Bottom