Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - Review @ RPGFan

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPGFan reviewed Mass Effect: Legendary Edition:

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Let's start with a disclaimer. Reviewers have had a short time to gather their thoughts on Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. I sacrificed all sorts of sleep to deliver this piece as swiftly as possible, but as it stands, I've "only" beaten the first game, made it midway through the second, and just shy of midway through the third. I know the original games inside and out, though. Barring a bug that blows up my house at the end of one of the sequels, I can safely say I have a good feel for what's changed, what's stayed the same, and whether or not Legendary Edition is worth the investment. We'll update this article as soon as I've finished ME2 and ME3 with any additional details.

[...]

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is just about everything I had hoped it would be. It carries the torch from past into future, dutifully imbuing Shepard's fantastical voyages with a sense of modernity that will help the series continue to attract new fans as we inch boldly closer to whatever comes next. It doesn't reinvent the wheel because that's not what it sets out to do, but it does improve the first game to a considerable degree. It takes care to transfer the largely-unchanged sequels into a new decade of gaming.

Returning SPECTREs will have the same good time, with bells and whistles to accentuate it all. Prospective players, even those whose RPG interests are of the decidedly Japanese variety, will be hard-pressed to find a better sixty-dollar buy in 2021.

Score: 91/100
More information.

Definitely need to replay at some point. Think I'll wait for a sale though.

Shame it's not discounted for those of who already own the games and the DLC.

Daniel.

Talking about ME, there is a twitch with Mark Darrah (Bioware tweet):

Join Producer Crystal McCord, Environment & Character Director Kevin Meek, & Lead Producer Melanie Faulknor tomorrow, May 16 at 5 PM(MST) to discuss #MassEffectLegendaryEdition and revisit the beloved Sci-fi Trilogy! http://twitch.tv/esportsalberta

It's apparently live right now, so they completely mixed up the timezones.
Maybe they'll keep it so we can watch it offline.

It is advertised as "optimized for 4k Ultra HD". However the comparison trailer in Origin is available in 1080p at max?
I own all the ME games on Origin. But I have to pay 60 € for a remaster?

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

For those interested in seeing the graphic difference's in each version.

PC Graphics Comparison (Original | Modded | Legendary

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition drops at the end of this week (14th May 2021). But how does it hold up when compared to the original AND the free-to-use community-made mods we've been using over the past decade?

Back
Top Bottom