Non-RPG General News - Days Gone - Review @ ACG

Okay, I'll bite. How is Days Gone not an rpg? It has levelling and character progression, choices, dialogue, a vast open world, combat. I'm curious as to how a site called "RPGWatch" defines an rpg if Days Gone isn't one.

Okay, I'll bite. How is Days Gone not an rpg? It has levelling and character progression, choices, dialogue, a vast open world, combat. I'm curious as to how a site called "RPGWatch" defines an rpg if Days Gone isn't one.

Playing it right now, and indeed it could easily be classified an rpg. It even has at least one narrative/gameplay choice and consequence. Which is more than a lot of other action rpgs. Oh, and it’s great.

It could be labeled an action-RPG or an action-adventure. The lines between them are blurred nowadays anyways.

Also, the port is great. I have no idea what ACG is talking about when he says it could use a few patches. Never thought much of his reviews anyways tbh.

The game defines itself as "open world action-adventure" on Steam.
So the devs clearly don't advertise it as RPG and I haven't played it yet.

I appreciate the non-commercial nature of ACG and his reviews.

But he's a bit of a dunce when it comes to actual gaming insight.

Don't fucking wait for sale if you're even remotely interested.

Why?

1. Waiting for a sale = less chance of a sequel.
2. The game is fantastic = you're postponing gaming orgasm.

Conclusively, just buy it.

Playing it right now, and indeed it could easily be classified an rpg. It even has at least one narrative/gameplay choice and consequence. Which is more than a lot of other action rpgs. Oh, and it’s great.

Actually original design had allowed you to make more than a few choices in the game. For ex, at the beginning of the game, you could choose whether or not to shoot Leon. Or you could whether or not to take Boozer's shotgun. I don't know they were cosmetic or real but they were there. If you watch the prerelease videos you can see that. But for some reason, they were cut in the final stages of the game. Maybe they couldn't find enough time to implement the consequences of these choices. I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom