Wasteland 3 - Battle of Steeltown Overview

Love what I've played so far of WL3.

But I'll wait until all content is out before completing it. Also, I really should finish WL2 first.

Same goes for Phoenix Point. I feel like I've waited forever for that one to finish - and they're only on their 3rd out of 5 DLCs or something like that.

I long for the time when games launched in a (perceived) finished state :(

I'm also still waiting for this to be content complete, and considering this is only the first DLC, I expect I'll be waiting significantly longer.

I want to eventually play all three games back to back.

I'm also still waiting for this to be content complete, and considering this is only the first DLC, I expect I'll be waiting significantly longer.
It's worth playing in its current state, fun RPG. This trailer, on the other hand, is awful (though I have no opinion yet either way on the new content).

Yeah, I might do a complete re-treading of Wasteland two before getting this third volume myself. Between the two games it should keep me occupied for a while.

It's worth playing in its current state, fun RPG. This trailer, on the other hand, is awful (though I have no opinion yet either way on the new content).

From what I've seen, it does look good, and I'm a big fan of the setting.

I don't often replay games though, so I prefer to wait until they're complete if I can. Plus, I'd really like to complete Wasteland 1 & 2 first. I know it's not necessary, but I like knowing the lore and references to past events.

You can probably get the lore you need about WL1 from reading a few wiki paragraphs :)

No need to put yourself through the torture of one million text-based combat encounters.

Well, unless you enjoy that sort of thing.

Yeah, I'm skeptical about how much I could enjoy the first game without the nostalgia of having played it back in the day.

I plan on giving the remastered version a try, but I won't force myself to finish it if I'm not at least enjoying it somewhat.

I hear it's quite short though.

I tried W1 but I couldn't make myself to played it more than few hours. w2 is great, w3 vanilla also good.
I will wait all dlc before starting again.

I played the first Wastelander for like the fourth time shortly before the second came out. It's still a solid game, and well worth playing. You might, however, need to put the big boy pants on, tricycle wheels not included!

I played the first Wasteland back when it was released, one of my all-time favorites. I tried the remastered version and could only stomach a few hours. I loved the remastered Bard's Tale but Wasteland was hot garbage.

I played the first Wasteland back when it was released, one of my all-time favorites. I tried the remastered version and could only stomach a few hours. I loved the remastered Bard's Tale but Wasteland was hot garbage.

What in particular didn't you like about the remastered version?

Using skills was a pain. You had to go through a few menus and click in a few spots to use skills and items. I did not like the new look at all. I didn't play that long but that game angered up my blood. There was a game back in the day called Rage of Mages and that is the only other game I stopped playing so quickly. I will almost always give a game 10 hours.

Using skills was a pain. You had to go through a few menus and click in a few spots to use skills and items. I did not like the new look at all. I didn't play that long but that game angered up my blood. There was a game back in the day called Rage of Mages and that is the only other game I stopped playing so quickly. I will almost always give a game 10 hours.
Yep it' called console-itis I'm afraid to say. Made for consoles this time.

Back
Top Bottom